TERMINATION PAY

Options
JEN
JEN Member Posts: 35

Hi Team,

I am going to do a termination pay soon using this STP2/Reckon Payroll software and I am not sure what is the best way to do it in this new system.

My understanding from searching on the Reckon Community Board suggests the termination pay should be done separately from the normal pay. Is this correct? The employee has entitlements to be paid out, so these should be done separately from the normal pay, so the tax is calculated correctly.

Thank you.

Comments

• Reeta
    Reeta Reckon Staff Posts: 54 Reckon Staff
    edited February 25
    Options

Hi @JEN ,

Thank you for reaching out. You are correct; you can create a final payment separately from the normal payments.

The process for terminating an employee has been explained in the attached video below.

CLICK HERE

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• JEN
    edited February 25
    Options

Hi Reeta,

Thank you for your reply.

That video link you put won't open as there is a message when you hover over the link that says it's unsafe to open. I found another link on this community page that shows how to do a termination pay.

Regards,

Jen

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for the heads up @JEN

I've updated the attached link above now 🙂

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JEN
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thanks for the fixing the link. 👍️

• Reeta
    edited February 25
    Options

@JEN ,

My apologies, Jen.

How did the termination pay process go?

Thank you, Rav, for fixing the link.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• JEN
    edited February 26
    Options
  • Reeta
    edited February 26
    Options

Hi @JEN ,

I've tested it on my end, and it appears to be working, as shown in the screenshot below. Could you please send me a private message with the details of your book so that I can take a closer look?

Kind regards,

Reeta

• JEN
    Options
  • Reeta
    Options

Hi @JEN ,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• marcchan
    marcchan Member Posts: 2
    Options

Just ran a Final Pay Run for an employee that has been terminated. It went fine until the stage of submitting the Declaration to ATO when an error message is displayed:

Object reference not set to an instance of object

and it is stuck there no matter what we try to change - like the Phone Number which was referenced to in a previous post by another user.

Any idea of what may be wrong?

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 144 Reckon Staff
    Options

Morning @marcchan

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Can you please direct message me the email address (Portal Account) and the Name of the book. I will investigate and help you get that sorted. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Jojo42
    Jojo42 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi,

I'm also getting the same error at the same part of the process of the final pay run for an employee that has been terminated. Have you had any luck in working out how to fix this issue?

Regards,

Jo

• marcchan
    marcchan Member Posts: 2
    Options

Sorry for the delay in responding @Tanvi_kataria . I contacted Support through submitting a ticket. Here is the response:

" Please follow these steps: 

• Go to Employee records, click on Pay.
    • Make sure base rate is not 0 for all employees part of the pay run.
    • Then delete and re-create the payrun."

It worked after trying a few times (did not count due to frustration) with the Base Rate, for some unknown reasons, going back to 0 again and again until It finally worked. Now, it is telling us that the Employee has not been terminated in spite of it being flagged as terminated in Employee Screen! However, after archiving the Employee and ignoring the message "Their employment hasn't been terminated, etc", this is now history!

• Jojo42
    Jojo42 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you @marcchan for your reply and the steps to get this to work. I too lost count of how many times it went back to 0 but eventually it worked. Very frustrating.

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 144 Reckon Staff
    Options

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Happy to hear that issue has been resolved. However, if you have any concerns/issues, feel free to reach out and will be happy to assist you. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi