Have done an archived data upto 31Dec2018. Now bank opening balance in foreign currency is different

Options
dorothy
dorothy Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

I have done an archived on 10 April 2024 for my reckon Accounts till 30 Sep 2018. Today, I realised that only the opening balances in foreign currencies are wrong. Please advise what I should do. I have done the rebuild and verify data but the balance in foreign currencies did not tallied

Comments

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @dorothy ,

How did you go about this archival?

Did you use the "Clean Up Company Data" option?

Let us know - if you did, it is likely you are experiencing some data corruption due to the Clean Up Company Data.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,076 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @dorothy

We recommend you go back to the original backup that was created prior to the 'archive' attempt.

That file would need to undergo the Verify and Rebuild Data, to confirm whether it is error-free before any attempt to archive is done once again.

It is important to generate reports before and after, to compare them and confirm that the process has gone through with no unexpected anomalies before considering making use of the resulting file.

• dorothy
    dorothy Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options

I have done the verify and rebuild data before clean up data. Saw the archived transaction in the bank foreign currency amounts were all zero the home currency is remain as a summary value. Anyway, I have restored my data and not going to try to clean up data. The software is very unstable.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,076 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @dorothy

Glad to hear that you have been able to restore to the backup prior to the Clean Up Data operation.

There are many thousands of people of make use of the Reckon Accounts software, and the instances in which there are discrepancies cannot simply be attributed to the software being 'unstable', without considering the specific data file and any potential issues it may have.

The built-in tools for checking the file integrity (Verify Data / Rebuild Data) and the backup functions are useful for preventative maintenance and safeguarding of the file.