Payment summary reconciliation report in Reckon Payroll

lesley_9730541
lesley_9730541 Member Posts: 89 Reckoner Reckoner
edited May 23 in Reckon Payroll

In the old Payroll Premier program there was a report - payment summary reconciliation - is there this report in the new Reckon payroll program we were moved to - this was very helpful when reconciling the end of the financial year.

Also how to you round employees payments to the nearest dollar rather than having cents - I have ticked the $1.00 box but is not working

Thank you

Comments

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 368 Reckon Staff

Dear @lesley_9730541 ,

Could you expand upon what the Payment Summary Reconciliation report did/showed? There may be a similar function in the Reckon One side of the new Payroll product.

As for rounding - if the $1 option is ticket, it should attempt to round so long as there is a rounding account listed. Have you listed that down in your settings?

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• lesley_9730541

Thank you for your reply.

The report showed the gross earnings and tax per month so I could ensure we had paid the correct PAYG per month.

What is a rounding account?

Thank you

• lesley_9730541

Sorry the report was called a monthly reconciliation report - apologies for the error in the name

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @lesley_9730541 ,

You may be after a Payroll Summary or Payroll Detail report.

To access these reports, you'll need to do the following:

1. Click on the nine dots in the top-left-hand corner.
    2. Select Reckon One.
    3. Go to "Reporting" on the left-hand side.
    4. Select "Reports Centre".
    5. Change the Category in "Categories" to Payroll.
    6. Run a "Payroll Detail" report. If this does not work, you may wish to try a "Payroll Transactions Summary" report.

As for the rounding account, it is an expense account that handles rounding to the nearest dollar - if one is not listed, rounding may not fully function.

You can find this in Settings → General.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• lesley_9730541

These report functions do not work either - I am looking for just the total gross and tax amounts per month not with the employees - just the totals - any other reports that may show this?

As we are not using Reckon books the rounding appears to not be working.

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @lesley_9730541 ,

Can you confirm with me the product you're currently using?

If it's the Payroll Web and you're looking just for Total Gross/PAYG, there are more reports in the Reckon One Reports Centre under other categories.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• lesley_9730541
    edited May 23

I am using Reckon payroll - they switched us from Payroll Premier last year.

We have our own accounting program so don't use Reckon for anything other than payroll.

Thank you

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @lesley_9730541 ,

You could reasonably try a Balance Sheet report in Financial or a Bank Reconciliation report in Banking?

Failing that - you can use the Payroll Summary report in the Payroll Reports section.

All of these can be found in the Reports Centre in the Reckon One side of the Payroll Web version.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @lesley_9730541 ,

In addition to my last post, if you run a Payroll Summary report, you will need to toggle these options.

You can toggle them by clicking on "Show more options" just below the Reporting Period:

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• lesley_9730541

Great thanks - this is helpful

When we transferred from Quicken to Reckon did the previous employee pays transfer over or do I need to see the July & Aug amounts in the old program?

Appreciate your assistance

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @lesley_9730541 ,

They would have appeared in STP data and YTD data in each employee's record.

While this is not fully reportable, their total sums + any STP data was retained.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Pia
    Pia Member Posts: 75 Reckoner Reckoner

@Alexander McKeown

Hi Alexander

How can I a generate a Year To Date report for this financial year which includes employee wages processed in Payroll Premier before transition to Reckon Payroll?

TIA

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @Pia ,

Unfortunately speaking, this information would be contained as YTD data or STP data.

As such, you would only be able to review this information by doing an EOFY STP for that FY, or using Payroll to review those reports.

This is due to how the migration exports the data in the system.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown