Can't add new employee when setup new book

zhang
zhang Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member

When I create new employee, after setup step 1&2, I can't go to next step due to error message: 'unable to determine default super fund for super guarantee'. I have added default super under super fund tab. I've added salary sacrifice for super under pay items: superannuation tab. However, I can't add super guarantee under pay item. I'm not sure whether this is the reason that I can't go to the next step of creating employee.

Could you please help me to fix this issue? I've tried millions of time. Thanks.

Comments

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 277 Reckon Staff
    edited June 7

Morning @zhang

Regarding the issue while creating a new employee, that error message is appearing because the default super fund is trying to find a missing item, in this case the Super Guarantee item.

Please create a Super Guarantee item in the payroll. To do that, follow the steps-

Go into Settings ➑️ Pay Items and create the Super Guarantee item.

As you're unable to select the Expense Account for the Super Item, can you please check if you have Payroll Expense account - Superannuation in Chart of Accounts. You can check in Reckon One - Day to Day - Business - Chart of Accounts as in the screenshot attached.

Please let us know for any concerns. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• zhang

@Tanvi_kataria Hi Good morning, Thanks for replying.

However, I've attached picture showed that I can't add super guarantee in pay items setting.

Also, when this book has been setup, I can't choose 'expense for super' in Settings-Gerneral-Account default (see attached picture).

• Tanvi_kataria

@zhang

Thank you for confirming.

It seems like there is missing Chart of Account in the book, which is causing this issue.

Please DM me the details, the Email Address and the Company Book and will be happy to investigate for you. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Reeta
    Reeta Reckon Staff Posts: 120 Reckon Staff

Hi @zhang ,

To be able to resolve this issue , in Reckon One book, you need to create both an expense account and a liability account. Once you create these accounts and save you will be able to select those account options via Reckon Payroll. To add these accounts in Reckon one book, please follow the instructions in the article below.

https://help.reckon.com/article/x4jgiw3ar5-x4jgiw3ar5-chart-of-accounts

After creating these accounts in Reckon One under the Chart of Accounts, log in to Reckon Payroll and select them under Account Defaults in general settings. Once you have made your selections and saved the information, you should be able to create an employee.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• Tanvi_kataria

Hi @zhang

The issue has been resolved. Please login to the book and confirm. Let us know for any concerns. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• zhang

Hi @Reeta and @Tanvi_kataria

Thanks for fixing the issue.

Now I can add the employee. The Chart of Accounts is the issue.

I don't understand if under Setting- General- Account defaults: the other three must fill out. Why your software show Expense account for company super contributions (optional)? It should show must fill out.

Anyway, Thanks Reeta and Tanvi. My issue finally be fixed.

Cheers,

Jing