EOFY STP Finalisation

Kaye
Kaye Member Posts: 6 Reckoner Reckoner

So the client is a shearing contractor, and the employees have varying amounts of tax withheld from their wages. When the set up was done, he set the tax as Voluntary Agreement, so that he could input the tax amount manually. Now when I go to finalise, it is kicking back with errors, so I have changed all of the employees details to reflect a normal tax table, and Salary & Wages as the Income Type. I have done an update event, but I am still getting the error message: 'Contractor ABN must be supplied if an Income Stream Collection tuple with a type code Voluntary Agreement contains a Gross Payment or PAYGW Amount that is greater than zero.' These guys ARE NOT contractors, they are employees. I have also tried the good-old zero pay-run, but that didn't trigger an update either.

I am struggling to see any other way of sorting this - and your Help topics don't even go near this issue.

I can't even do a bulk reversal pay run, as I can't override the tax amount. (Ithought that maybe I could do a bulk reversal, then enter a bulk pay-run to cover the whole year - silly me!!!) I don't want to have to delete and then re-enter all the pays for the year.

Any ideas please?????

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Kaye

In the first instance I'd recommend taking a look at the info we have in regard to the Contractor ABN error and how it can be solved for employees that fit into the horticulture/shearer tax scale here 👇

Horticulture & Shearers tax scale in Reckon Payroll - Fix for the Contractor ABN error ✅

If you follow the steps outlined the help guide, it should solve this for you but let us know how you get on.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 266 Reckon Staff

Morning @Kaye

In addition to what @Rav mentioned, please check for the Employee Contact Details, Company Details, if there are any spaces, special characters, missing information etc.

The reason for me asking to check for these details, this may sound weird, but I have come across a case where the error was related to the Tax Code, but the issue with the contact numbers. When corrected and Re-submitted, it was successful. So, just try this one as well please.

I hope this helps. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Kaye
    Kaye Member Posts: 6 Reckoner Reckoner

Thanks for the info Rav…. so I did what the Help topic suggested, but this changed all 22 employees tax to a flat rate of 13%. Not what I wanted to see as this crew all have different rates of tax being withheld. The employees now have a shortfall total of $41384.00 tax, that I somehow need to add back to their end of year totals. Any idea how I can do this, as I don't seem to be able to edit the tax amount AT ALL!!!