Employees terminated in Payroll Premier not appearing in EOFY

System
System Member Posts: 254 Moderator Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: ⚠️ Some employees not appearing in EOFY finalisation - Reckon Payroll.

Comments

• Stacey_6976885
    Stacey_6976885 Member Posts: 57 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Rav,

I can't seem to find the fix for three employees terminated in payroll premier not appearing in EOFY submission. Can you point me in the right direction, clicking on the article above dosen't help.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Stacey_6976885

Do these 3 employees appear in your employee list in Reckon Payroll?

Also, were those employees actually actually terminated within the old Payroll Premier software through the termination function OR was a final pay just created for these employees?

• Stacey_6976885

Hi Rav,

They don't appear in Reckon Payroll employee list, and they were terminated through the termination function in Premier.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Right ok thanks for confirming @Stacey_6976885

Did you complete an EOFY finalisation in Payroll Premier prior to your migration? I know that sounds a tad strange and its a bit of a long-winded explanation but I'll try to add some context; employees who were previously terminated in Payroll Premier were not migrated to Reckon Payroll. This should have been advised when your migration was being carried out and there's info on this in our migration article HERE.

Moving forward, there's a couple of separate options;

1️⃣

If you still have access to Payroll Premier, you can send through an EOFY finalisation generated from there which will include the terminated employees and send it through. Once you've done that, create an EOFY finalisation from Reckon Payroll which will overwrite that previous finalisation for the active employees (this is important)

2️⃣

The second option is a little more involved depending on how many terminated employees there are. That is to recreate these terminated employees in Reckon Payroll with the EXACT details from Payroll Premier eg. TFN, employee number, name etc and enter their balances as an initial YTD in Reckon Payroll. Terminate them in Reckon Payroll and complete the EOFY finalisation within Reckon Payroll.

⚠️ IMPORTANT: You need to take extra care to ensure the employee details are exactly as listed in Payroll Premier, particularly with TFN, employee names and employee numbers to avoid a duplicate income statement being generated on the ATO end.

I know that's a fair bit of info so if you have any questions let me know.

• Stacey_6976885

Hi Rav,

Probably the second option would be the easiest as there are only three. When I recreate and terminate them in Reckon Payroll, will I have the option to just select them for another EOFY report?

• Rav
    edited July 11

Yes you certainly can. You'll be able to select specific employees from the list when creating the EOFY finalisation.

Example below 👇

• Stacey_6976885

So that ends up being an additional EOFY, it dosen't affect the previous report with the correct employees?

• Rav

Its perfectly fine to send through multiple EOFY finalisations. If you only select the group of terminated employees in the second finalisation it won't have any impact on any previous one that only included the active employees.

• Stacey_6976885
    edited July 17

I Rav,

Have just added the three terminated employees from Payroll Premier, that did not appear on my EOFY. After generating a new report, one is there but not the other two, any suggestions?

All good, logged out and back in, and there they were.

• Rav

Cool, thanks for confirming @Stacey_6976885 👍