Help - Reckon Accounts Plus Plus 2022 - always get the "welcome to reckon accounts" window

I am presently running the Personal Plus 2022 software. Havent updated it yet because I have a consistent problem. The issue is, every time i open the software, it does not open with all my data, i have to always point it to the "back up " folder to load. This is a .qdf type file. Nothing seems to work when I follow the instructions you have and I always have to get it to open this file. Please help Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @sgrofamily

I'd recommend checking out the info in our help guide linked below in relation to this -

https://help.reckon.com/article/n15fstuokj

In particular, I'd recommend taking note of the first solution in relation to your file name and ensure that its less than 8 characters in length.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 263 Reckon Staff

Hi @sgrofamily,

That's very strange to be occurring consistently.

Are you running the software as administrator by any chance, and it has the correct read and write permissions?

Would you be inclined to installing the 2024 version of the software?

Have you ever done a fresh reinstall of Reckon Accounts 2022?

Please tag me, when you have replied to these questions as I'm not too sure on what could be causing this issue for you. Thank you and speak soon.

Cheers,

Lucas

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

give me a call and i know how to fix this for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• sgrofamily
    sgrofamily Member Posts: 2 Reckoner Reckoner

Thanks so much Gerry for you expertise in solving this issue, i have been battelling it for so long and you have provided the solution straight away, definately an expert !! Cheers Dom