Recurring Transaction in Reckon One

Linda Damon
Linda Damon Member Posts: 7
edited June 2020 in Reckon One
Recurring Transactions in Reckon One would make clients and myself very happy!  Many monthly and some weekly transactions are problematic when the client does not have access to bank feeds.  Please?

Comments

• Leesa Ward_7742344
    Leesa Ward_7742344 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2015
    I am a new Reckon One user and this is the one area that the software falls down against MYOB (which I as using previously). I have a few things that I want to set up as a manual recurring transaction rather than matching it to something in a bank statement, as only a portion is paid by the business (e.g. home internet access). It's a pain to enter these things manually every month and very easy to forget.
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2020
    Hi Leesa,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

Recurring Transactions are on the developer's list but it's still a few updates away.  

Expect an update roughly once a month that will include a mix of new features, enhancements and fixes.  

regards,
    John.
  • Anna Healey
    Anna Healey Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    Just wondering if this feature is available yet?

Anna
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Anna, we're not quite there on this just yet but will keep you posted.

Details on our latest Reckon One update can be found here

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2016
    Hey , its been 5 months away .... how close are we to recurring transactions, its the only feature I am waiting for before moving my Quicken Hosted to Reckon One
  • Peter Walton
    Peter Walton Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2016
    It would seem like recurring transactions is such a basic requirement of most people, How can it take so long to provide such a necessary function?
  • Paul Gray_7935806
    Paul Gray_7935806 Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2016
    Yes, l used this feature alot in my previous accounting software before i moved to reckon one
  • Pauline_6534619
    Pauline_6534619 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2016
    Please let me know when you have this feature in Reckon One, which I have been asking about also, and I will be more likely to recommend it and probably use it myself! A fantastic feature in Accounts (& MYOB).
  • Phil Williams
    Phil Williams Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2017
    While the recurring transaction would be nice, I just use the " Create a copy" of the previous months' invoices, I work down the list of last months invoices, creating a copy, which opens with the current date at the top. I then change any details as I would with a recurring transaction.
  • Peter G
    Peter G Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    I'm new to Reckon 1...only a few days, but am a qualified accountant, and am horrified with so many missing accounting 101 features such as standing or recurring journals.   Does 'create a copy' work for jnls, or just invoices?    

I see Reckon Staff said over a year ago this feature would be added soon...within months.  mmmm What happened 
  • Jonathan Brigain
    Jonathan Brigain Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    MYOB is Micky Mouse software. I'm looking at Reckon One against the big 4 and this is a basic essential in any accounting system. Not having it costs so much work and turns off so many potential clients.
  • Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited March 2017
    Hi Jonathan

Welcome to Reckon One and thanks for the feedback.

Let me get an update on recurring transactions and come back to you. In the meantime, all transaction types (including journals) can be be copied so this may be a way to quickly add recurring transactions.

Regards

Jon
    Reckon UK

• John Pastor
    John Pastor Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi this feature should have been there since day one. What is taking so long to implement?
  • Peter Walton
    edited March 2017
    Jon,
    you state all transaction types can be copied in reckon one? can you please explain how? I dont see any ability to copy anything, in particular bank payments
  • Jon_7579451
    edited March 2017
    Hi Peter

Apologies as the statement 'all transaction types' is not correct. Here is a list of the transaction types that can be copied:
    • Estimates
    • Invoices
    • Credit notes / customer adjustment notes
    • Bills
    • Supplier credit notes / supplier adjustment notes
    • Journals
    On each of these, there is a 'make a copy' button on the top right when you view a specific document of any of these types (e.g. you view a specific invoice). When you click the button, a copy is created.

Let me know how you get on with this. If you cannot see the 'make a copy' button when viewing the transactions listed above, you may need to speak to support for more specific help.

Regards

Jon
    Reckon UK
  • Addison
    Addison Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    Reckon, is this functionality available as yet? I am extremely keen to see this added as a brand new user trialling Reckon One atm and would be a significant benefit over my current system if it indeed exists?
  • Paul Gray_7935806
    edited September 2017
    Yes agreed. I believe there was a promise that it would be on a future update, many months, or years ago
  • Jennifer Wann
    Jennifer Wann Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Reckon One - how many years do we have to enter this on our wish list?

• Peter Walton
    edited October 2017
    7 months ago you said "Let me get an update on recurring transactions and come back to you." Well do you have an answer yet? at least make it possible to copy any transactions, not just the ones in the previous list. I have regular recurring transactions with multiple lines in each transaction, at least if i could copy it and ener it with a new date would be a start if it is really so hard to provide the proper recurring transactions.
  • Paul Gray_7935806
    edited October 2017
    Agree with that wholeheartly!
  • Jon_7579451
    edited October 2017
    Peter, Paul (and others) I understand your frustrations regarding your wait for us to add recurring transactions. I expect us to have a positive update on this feature soon.

Regards

Jon
    Reckon One UK
  • Jon_7579451
    edited October 2017
    Peter, Paul (and others) I understand your frustrations regarding your wait for us to add recurring transactions. I expect us to have a positive update on this feature soon.

Regards

Jon
    Reckon One UK
  • Addison
    Addison Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    I have cancelled my trial due to a lack of this feature. I have reverted to doing my paperwork with my previous manual but working system.
  • Leigh Wolinski
    Leigh Wolinski Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2018
    OK. guys, I have been looking for this feature for some days now- even on simple things like a weekly payroll run. If you have the same staff on a fixed weekly pay run (same deductions, same everything week after week x52), the system just cant cope with out a 9,000 step process. Seriously? I am trialing the system and so far the lack of this feature is causing me untold grief. Montly recurring invoices and pay runs should be a basic "here you go"...
  • Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited February 2018
    Hi Leigh,

Quick question regarding the payroll comment about pay runs etc. Have you setup scheduled payruns? This allows you to set the default employees, deductions and amounts for each pay run which is very useful if its the same every pay run. This allows you to complete pay runs very quickly as everything is set up by the system when the run is created.

If you need some help on scheduled pay runs, let me know and I will post some info for you

Thanks

Simon

• Peter Walton
    edited February 2018
    Hi Simon,
    why can no one there fix the problem of recurring transactions, you totally ignored that part of the above question. For 2 or 3 years you guys have said it will be coming soon! where is it? When will it be implemented? it is such a basic accounting requirement I don't understand how it can not have been there from day 1. So when will it be in place? 
  • Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    Hmmmm, so in fact it would be easier for me to set up an auto deduction at my bank with the transfer set weekly, then just do a 1/4 ly adjustment in Reckon so that the program has a corresponding balance? I am pretty new to all of this, but it seems a little odd that the software doesn't have that ability. Especially in payroll, where the amount is fixed for the year at least. I am not a great computer person, nor do I have a wonderful grasp accounting, and I am struggling with the required windows and clicks to do this- If I were to ask nicely, would this be a feature that can be put into the application? Begging is so unbecoming.  And whilst I have an ear, I also can not find the recurring transaction button (that they speak of) for invoices that are the same every month... 

• Peter G
    Peter G Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    I commented above a year ago when I was stunned that this basic accounting and bookkeeping feature is missing.  I have over 20 years experience as a qualified CPA, installing systems like myob, cognos TM1.   

I decided 10 months ago to get off Reckon, and go with Quickbooks.  And I suggest you  consider the same. 

Reckon's R&D budget to improve things is clearly even too low to fix this recurring journal problem. I also had issues with slow processing speeds, like interacting with a very very slow website, taking up to 20 seconds to process transactions on Reckon.

I didn't go with Xero as there is no phone support,. Not even at $60 per mth.  Quick books does have phone support, and you can find large discounts.  

Reckon is cheap on the face of it, but when I looked at the modules I needed, Quickbooks cost me less. 

I see relying on Reckon as a risk, and a poor investment of my time. Reckon staff may reply to this with words, but the truth is judged by peoples actions and not their words.  If Reckon can't fix this after 3 years, their actions suggest they are not capable of providing professional accounting & bookkeeping software.   Sad to see an Australian business go this way.,Hopefully someone will take over REckon and sort it out before it goes bust.

• Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    Hi Peter, thank you for your comments. I suppose that there are 2 ways for me to go- one is to believe that Reckon are working on it and it is a 28 month process, and with 24 now gone, the options of recurring invoice and delivery dockets (or picking slips) are now only a couple of months away. OR, it is never going to happen in my lifetime and I should move on to a package that suits my needs more closely. Oh, I also NEED to have a second email address on my invoices- seems that isn't as yet available either (is it a few months or never??!) Sooo, I have about 3 weeks of free trial remaining. I am going to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. The phone support is a huge plus, but does not outweigh the most basic of functionality. I hold my hand to my heart and hope that these few options can be added or at least be well into the pipeline with a certain degree of honesty from the admin team. However,  if these guys cant or won't assist with some action, I may not have a choice but to sadly leave Reckon one for an alternative. I do not have the skills or patience to preserver with an incompetent product. 
  • Peter Walton
    edited February 2018
    4 months down, any answers yet? seems like updates are becoming much less frequent also?
  • Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    Fellas, do Reckon One look at these posts? Do
     they comment or respond?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
     Hi Leigh, yes we certainly do.

In regard to recurring transactions/invoices functionality, we intended to have this available last year however for various reasons we've had to push it back on the roadmap.

I appreciate that is a piece of functionality that is highly sought after for Reckon One and its certainly still on the list however as for timeframes, I can't provide this as yet. Once it does become apparent though, I'll let the Community know right here.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    Hi Rav, thank you for your response. It is appreciated. I am learning fairly quickly and slowly getting my way around Reckon One. It would be a great feature to add. I would think that many of us have regular pays, and consistent invoicing- would make life a heap easier. Also, I am trying to produce a "packing slip" or a "delivery docket". Basically an invoice with less info (no amounts, or payment details). IS this possible? People say it is under the print icon, but I am unable to find this option- even with my glasses on!!!
  • Leigh Wolinski
    edited February 2018
    Sorry also forgot to ask about the 2nd email address on invoices. I know that there is a cc feature that (if used) needs to be populated each time an invoice is produced, but a second automatically populated field (like the current email box) or even the ability to add a second address separated by a comma or colon would be fabulous. I have to email an invoice to an accounts department and a copy to each user- when you have a heap to do, it is a pain to have to recall which ones need this and then to add it each and every invoice.