Cant email because it wants my printer settings to be ReckonPDF converter as Default

Deborah_10606983
Deborah_10606983 Member Posts: 27

I can't have my printer set to Reckon Converter as the default, otherwise I can't print my other system stuff. It needs to select the reckon converter automatically, because my brother printer that I use all the time has to be the default. Surely I don't have to keep changing my default printer everytime I want to email an invoice and then have to change it back for doing other stuff!! Didn't have this problem prior to the 2021 upgrade. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

You never have to change your printer settings to Reckon, Reckon uses it automatically when you click on print, and it’s the first step, then it opens up a PDF file which you can then save or print to your brother printer

• Deborah_10606983

Hello Kris thanks for your reply - unfortunately unless I have Reckon PDF Converter set as Default, I find the Reckon programme will not email the invoice. When I called Reckon about it, she just did a remote session and afterwards I found she had set the default printer as Reckon PDF Converter, which of course now means I have to change that every time I print anything else.

• Deborah_10606983

I don't know why Reckon wants to fiddle with the PRINTER settings anyway - it's sending an EMAIL, not printing it.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

thats not right, I am happy to have a look from here and see what happens using my settings- if you choose to do that text me your username and password and I’ll have a go

• Kris_Williams

I agree about Reckon, they shouldn’t have changed it without an explanation- emailing it still involves the use of the reckon PDF printer but it doesn’t have to be the default and it all happens in the background

• Deborah_10606983

Hi Kris

User name and password for??

Sorry I'm not sure how you mean; but happy to have your help - thank you :-)

• Deborah_10606983

Oh! This is a desktop version - not hosted

• Kris_Williams

To logon to Reckon Hosted - that’s what your post is under, isn’t that what you are using?

• Deborah_10606983

Oh sorry - no I have desktop version of Reckon Accounts Premier

• Deborah_10606983

But agree it should still be in the background this situation

• Kris_Williams

Oh ok, well the only way I can help you, and I am happy to do that is by using TeamViewer to logon to your computer. It’s an easy process and I can guide you over the phone, but can’t do it till Monday. If you want to do that text me your number and we’ll talk after the weekend

• Kris_Williams

In the meantime change the default printer back to your brother so you can print your normal stuff. I have a few workarounds I can tell you about on Monday

• Deborah_10606983

0418169784 is my mobile

Thanks Kris, Monday be good

• Kris_Williams

Ok talk then, have a nice Easter

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

WOW its confusing when posted to the wrong listing, thought is may have been the problem, good work Kris.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Deborah_10606983

Hi Gerry

Couldn't find Reckon Accounts Premier in the listing!!

• Deborah_10606983

Also just to let you know, when the printer's default is set to Reckon PDF Converter, then there is no problem EMAILING the invoice, and no problem PRINTING the invoice. But the problem is I can't print anything outside of Reckon, unless I go into the drop down on the printer preview and choose my printer.(My word docs and excel docs and other things I am working with, where it just needs to be straight to the printer, not the PDF converter.)

Before the Reckon 2021 upgrade, it would be that my default printer (all the time) was my normal printer (a brother MFC - J6930DW), and Reckon just took care of itself somewhere in there, because there was no problem emailing or printing anything within Reckon, and no problem outside of Reckon. The default printer was the brother.

I really appreciate your help.

Cheers😁

• Kris_Williams

Ok I’ll keep that in mind

• Kris_Williams
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

It sounds like the default printer is not selected in the control panel.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter

Control Panel

Devices and Printers

MFC - J6930DW

Right Click

Set as Default Printer

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Kris_Williams

Have you got any ideas on this one Gerry? She said if she makes the Brother printer the default she can’t email invoices, and it was Reckon support who made the Reckon converter the default. I’ll help her on Monday if I can

• GerryWinter

i dont see the correlation with emailing, keep me informed.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Kris_Williams

Neither do I Gerry, I’ll get back to you

• Deborah_10606983

Yes Gerry, when the default printer is set to the brother, as it should be, then I find that Reckon won't email.

• GerryWinter

Let Kris login when she has time but keep me informed as well I'm around most times

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter

Can you please advise the community of what you are going to do to Debbies computer so we all ca learn.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Deborah_10606983

Its a date - Monday we will all be sorted, by the sounds 😍😀 Meanwhile at least I can still do my invoicing 😁

• Kris_Williams

Deborah have you got TeamViewer on your computer? It’s free and easy to install but if you’re unsure we can do it over the phone together. What state are you in, I’m in Sydney, just to know what time suits you.

• Deborah_10606983

Hi Kris

I am in Darwin. We can do over the phone, and if no success, then tea

How about team viewer now - it won't even send an email with the PDF converter set as the default AArgh!!

• Deborah_10606983

phone or team viewer - can you help today anyone??

• Deborah_10606983

Right now suits me!! Have to get all these invoices done over the weekend or my cake will be dough LOL - currently having to print each one off and then scan to email to send them... Ye gods

• Deborah_10606983

I will check if I have team viewer

• Deborah_10606983

Yes I do have team viewer

• Deborah_10606983

Gerry and Kris

Are you free today to help?

• Deborah_10606983

Today I'm finding it won't email even with the Reckon PDF converter set as default.

All seems to have a mind of its own today 😫