Incomplete employee details following migration but nothing comes up on screen when "tap to edit"

Sharon Lawrence
Sharon Lawrence Member Posts: 11 ✭

I am an accountant with a client using the Reckon payroll app. They used to be in the old STP app and did the migration over to the new software.

The employees names came over but the records are "Incomplete" and when you try to "tap to edit" it goes to a screen for that employee which has the tabs across the top but each tab is blank underneath that and there is no field that can be edited.

Any idea why this has happened and how to fix? I have had others that I migrated with no problem completing records and have not seen this problem before. I tried the community previous posts and can see issues with saving edited data but I can't even see any data to edit!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Sharon,

Just to clarify, you mean that after tapping on the 'Edit' option that the page is only partially loading/populating? Are you able to post a screenshot of what the app page looks like when you attempt to edit the employee.

Can you logout of the Payroll App account then close the app in full ie. swipe it away from any other currently running apps on the phone. Once that is done reopen the app and login.

Does the page populate after this?

If not, can you check if the client is using the latest version of the Payroll App, currently v2.19.36. If not please update to the latest version and then recheck if the same behaviour is persisting.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sharon Lawrence

Screenshot above. Client was doing on their phone and then I went in on my phone and they logged out. I was getting the same as them. I checked if there was an update to do but there isn't - I checked and I am on Version 2.19.36, so all good there. I haven't logged out but I only logged in today, so it shouldn't be that either. If I log out I will have to call the client again to get the 2 factor pin, so I would rather not do that before I have a solution!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

Hmmm ok that's interesting. That's ok, don't logout as you've basically done that already as you've mentioned.

How many employees are appearing in this manner? And, just to check these employees obviously were active and being reported previously on the old STP app correct?

Can I get you to do me a favour and send through a Private Message to me with the following -

• ABN that is registered to this Payroll App account
    • Email address for the Payroll App account
    • A screenshot of the Employee tab which shows a list of the employees migrated to this Payroll App account ie. that shows the 'Incomplete' status against them.

I may need to get my devs to take a look into this.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sharon Lawrence

There are 4 employees and they are all presenting the same problem. They are all active employees and reported in the old app.

How do I do a private message?

• Rav

Got your PM Sharon πŸ™‚

• t_stevens
    t_stevens Member Posts: 1 ✭

Hello,

I am having the same problem as Sharon, is there a fix available for this?

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@t_stevens Looks like Reckon community support team might still be investigating the behaviour of the Payroll app highlighted in the earlier post. However, one option in the meantime is to check what you see for the employee data on the web version of the Payroll App.

https://payroll.reckon.com/login

• Rav

Hi @t_stevens

As @swakhlu01 . mentioned it would be great if you could check if you're able to access these employees correctly on the web version of your Payroll App account OR does it also exhibit the same issue of the employee info not loading correctly?

Either way, can you send me the same details as I previously asked Sharon above in a Private Message.

Thanks

• Sharon Lawrence

Thanks @t_stevens using the web version of the Payroll App worked a treat. I didn't even realize there was a web version.

Employees all updated on the web version but I couldn't add a new employee (that was grey) but I was able to do that on the phone app version.

So between the two, the wages are all up to date now.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@Sharon Lawrence might be worth confirming if your client is using the basic or premium payroll app. In basic payroll app the web application does not allow any updates but you can view only. You may still want to confirm if the mobile app is now behaving correctly with your client's employee Payruns.

• Sharon Lawrence

@swakhlu01 . The app is working fine now that employee details from the transfer have been updated. My problem was the app wouldn't let me complete the extra info needed by the new version and you couldn't select employee for a pay run until they were complete. Have now entered wages through the app with no problems. Will only be using basic payroll to enter data for STP purposes, don't need full function payroll.