Termination pay item missing

Dhan
Dhan Member Posts: 13 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Hi support team, we had a termination pay processed in May 2022. I am going to record this pay run in Reckon Payroll before I can submit the end of year file to ATO. I have set up a new item as “ unused annual leave paid on termination “. But I just can’t see this item when I am doing the pay run. Can you please give me a few tips? Thanks a lot.

Dan

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Dan

Can you let me know the setup of this item you created ie. if you could post a screenshot of the configuration (Settings ➡️ Earning items ➡️ Select the item ➡️ Edit)

Just as an example, I've made a quick screen recording below of a custom ordinary earnings item I've created which appears for me to use in pay runs.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Dhan

Thanks Rav, please see above my settings for the item

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Ok that's interesting. From what I understand, termination pay items are a very new addition to the Payroll App as I believe it was only introduced in the latest update.

So when you're going through the process of creating a pay run, this item doesn't appear in the dropdown list for you to select?

I'm assuming you've never been able to use this specific item correct? ie. the inability to select it is not a new occurrence etc?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Dhan

Hi Rav, yes. this is the first time I have ever done a termination pay thru Reckon Payroll.

any else I need to do?

thanks for your help.

Best regards

Dan

• Dhan

Hi Rav, have you found any solution re this issue ? Can you please give me an update? Thanks so much!

Best regards

Dan

• Rav

Hey Dan, really sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I did some testing on own account and I'm getting the same behaviour that you've described where any items created as a 'termination' type aren't appearing for selection in the pay run. It definitely looks like a bug and I've raised a report about it with my dev team.

Really sorry for the hassle its caused, at this stage those particular pay items can't be used.

• Dhan

Hi Rav, thanks very much for letting me know. I will wait for your team to get this fixed.

Best regards

Dan

• Dhan

Hi Rav,

regarding to my issue above, is there any other way I can report this termination pay to ATO without doing the pay run here? This pay actually has been paid in May and just need to be reported to ATO and then I can finalise the financial year. Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Dan

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 218 Reckoner Reckoner

Just put it through normally. Once done add an end date to their employment in their profile

• Dhan

Thanks Eric. I will try that.