There is an issue with your account - Error message

FWH
FWH Member Posts: 10 Novice Member Novice Member
edited October 2023 in Reckon Payroll

Hi

I am receiving an error message when I try to update to STP 2 which states:

There is an issue with your account!

Accessing a book in Reckon Payroll requires an associated Reckon GovConnect entity. Either the current book does not have an associated Reckon GovConnect entity, or you do not have permission to access it.

Ask your GovConnect entity admin for access.

Learn more about accessing GovConnect

However, there is an associated Reckon GovConnect entity, as I just used it to lodge payroll on STP1

Answers

• FWH

I also had no problems starting the update process a few weeks ago when I ran into the branch number problem. Now it won't let me launch the update program at all.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @FWH

This looks like an odd error 🤔. Can I just confirm whether you're still encountering this if you try to login today?

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member

I'm getting this error too. Any help would be appreciated.

• FWH
  • FWH

I have also tried on two different browsers with the same result

• Elizabeth

Yes I am experiencing it today

• Kerwin
    Kerwin Member Posts: 1 Novice Member Novice Member

I'm getting this error too. How to fix this?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2023

Sorry guys, I should have picked up on this sooner.

This error message appears if you don't have access to the associated STP entity that was created in GovConnect in your own account. To put it simply, you need to have access to both the Reckon One book (with admin or payroll admin access) and also the associated STP entity from GovConnect.

There's more info on this in our FAQ which I'll link below -

Reckon Payroll upgrade for Reckon One - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 🙋‍♂️

With that said, are you the owner of the book OR has it been shared with you by the owner/admin? If its the latter, then the owner/admin will need to share the STP entity with your account.

Let me know if you have any questions around this.

• Emily_Block
    Emily_Block Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

I am having the same issue (as is one of my colleagues).

Your FAQ page has nothing on it to help with this issue.

I have with tried both my login (as the accountant) and the client's login. Both have full Admin access. Both are being told that they don't have access to GovConnect (even though I've been lodging via STP1 for two years with it).

I have tried on both Firefox and Chrome.

• FWH

I am the owner of the book. There is only one email login for everything. As stated, the payroll works fine with the STP1 process

• Elizabeth

I am the owner of the book too. I also am finding your FAQ very confusing and can't find the answer to this issue.

• Rav

Hi all

Go to the Book Settings page in the Reckon One book (Settings ➡️ Book Settings)

There are two things to check -

The ABN you have entered in the ABN/WPN field has no spaces or other special characters in it ie. ensure the ABN is entered without spaces.

Secondly, ensure you have a valid branch number entered in the branch number field and it matches the existing STP entity you've been using up until now. The default branch number is 001 so if you don't have a specific branch number for your ABN enter 001 in the branch number field and click SAVE.

Once the above is done, then launch Reckon Payroll and it should open up normally for you.

Let me know how you get on.

• Emily_Block
    Emily_Block Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

The Branch number worked, thank you.

May I suggest that you have some kind of notification to warn people when their Company ABN information is incomplete so they can fix this instead of being told that they aren't connected to GovConnect (when they know that they are).

Also, as Elizabeth stated: your FAQs (and in fact whole 'help & support' forum) is confusing and not intuitive to navigate.

• Rav

Glad it worked for you @Emily_Block

Don't want to deviate too much from the original intention of this post but can you let me know what specifically you've found to be confusing or unintuitive. Would be good to get some feedback if things aren't clear/simple enough and we can make some improvements.