2FA when sharing a login

Options
Moana47
Moana47 Member Posts: 7
edited April 15 in Accounts Hosted

I have two different logins one for my business and one for my bosses business. I setup my business 2FA this morning and now my bosses account wont let either of us in or setup the 2FA, I feel like they might be linked by how and why. My boss and I share a login as there is no need to have two separate licenses. We have done this since 2015 and its always worked well. We would rather go to another software than have to pay for a separate license. Can you help?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,444 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Moana47

I have two different logins one for my business and one for my bosses business.

My boss and I share a login as there is no need to have two separate licenses.

Can I just clarify the above, you've mentioned you have two different logins but also that you're sharing a login.

Do you actually have two different logins for the Reckon Accounts Hosted service itself OR do you have separate user logins to a company file(s)?

MFA is specific to the Reckon Accounts Hosted login so if you each have a dedicated login/licence then you will have your own individual MFA.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Moana47
    Moana47 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi Rav

I have a log in for my Business - JMR Promo but also login for my boss, Excavations. The Excavations one we share the login, as there is no need for two, essentially I do all of the work in Reckon for my boss, but she likes to be able to see visibility of the account. JMR is my business which is totally separate. However, this morning once I setup the 2FA for JMR, now my boss or I cannot get into her account. Even though neither of us setup the 2FA for her account. The logins have totally separate logins attached to separate emails, nothing is the same, so it cant be because I setup JMR first??? That doesnt seem possible, but now we are both locked out of her account.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,444 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I think we'll need to take a closer look at your accounts and how/where MFA has been setup on them. Can you please give us our support team a buzz on 1300 799 150 and one of our technicians will be able to get this straightened out.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.