Updated to 2024 but invoices are no longer formatted correctly

Scott_10640616
Scott_10640616 Member Posts: 15 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi there Reckon Community,

I have an issue with the 2024 Accounts plus desktop version update. I updated yesterday and today when we go to do an invoice the invoice is not formatting correctly. It is like the 2024 update forgets to carry over the previous settings from 2023 version.
There are text boxes in the wrong place, the footer does not show.

Is there an easy way to get these settings from the 2023 version into the 2024 version?
I'm not particularly happy that these settings didn't carry over and I'll have to spend a day re-formatting the invoice templates.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,621 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

is the customised invoice selected in the dropdown choice or has it reverted to the standard one

• Scott_10640616

Hi Kris,

It defaulted to the standard reckon one in first instance. We then selected the appropriate template but the text boxes and such are now in different spots and the footer is cut off.

• Datarec
    Datarec Reckon Staff Posts: 1,202 Reckon Staff

Hi @Scott_10640616

Do you still have the original 2023 software installed alongside the 2024 or did you totally replace it?

Or would you have it still installed on another computer? (if you had more than one computer in which the 2023 software was installed)

If you still have the 2023 installed, consider opening a copy of your data file (or restoring under a different name) the backup that would have been created when your data file went through the upgrade process to the 2024 format.

When you open the restored copy of the data file in the 2023, confirm whether your templates are exactly as you expect them to be. If so, then in the Template List, export the specific template.

Then in your 2024 copy of the data file, import that template.

• Scott_10640616

I do still have the 2023 version.

I am doing payroll now and the 2024 version will have data that will change from the 2023 version, so I can't just go backwards then forwards as I need to do the pays now.

I think I understand about importing the templates from 2023 to the 2024 version, and that should not affect any data I have input into the 2024 version when doing pays.

Question is, why do I have to do this (I think for the second year in a row)? When the program updates from version 2023 to 2024 why do I then need to go and manually import information from the previous version? Also, for the second year in a row the desktop is fuzzy in the 2024 version (see separate community post). I'm not sure why these things are being carried over from year to year.

• Datarec

Hi @Scott_10640616

You are correct that it should not be necessary to do these things every year.

I am not aware of any large volume of calls or posts about templates getting messed up after an upgrade.

Either many other people are affected but did not notice it occurring or did not report it.

If you would like, when things are not so busy, we can organise getting a copy of your 2023 backup file sent to us (Reckon Data Recovery Team) and we can take a look at the file, test an upgrade to 2024 to confirm whether we can replicate the issue, using your data file on our computer.

Regarding that fuzziness, what was done to resolve that issue when you encountered it previously?

• Scott_10640616

The fuzzy screen fix has been sorted. I posted a question about it and someone has gven me an answer which did work. Close program, right click on the shortcut, go to properties, click compatibility tab, click '"change high dpi settings"" button, check the box for over ride high dpi settings and have application showing in drop down menu. There is a help article for that but it is called low resolution rather than fuzzy screen so it did not come up in my search. I've printed that article out so I can do it next year. It happened last year but I didn't remember how it was fixed last year.
    I'll consider the help/support from the data team when not so busy! Cheers.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,621 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

you could try exporting the invoice template from 2023 and importing to 2024

• Scott_10640616

Hi Datarec…

I tried exporting and importing from last year version. When I open the import it tells me some items are outside the margins and it automatically places them at the top left of the page. When it imports it is like the program changes the size of the page, as it cuts off the bottom of our address information contained on the bottom of the page. Is there a page size setting? It's not importing without mucking up the page size, if that makes sense.

• Scott_10640616

Hi Kris,

I tried exporting and importing from last year version.

When I open the import it tells me some items are outside the margins and it automatically places them at the top left of the page.

When it imports it is like the program changes the size of the page, as it cuts off the bottom of our address information contained on the bottom of the page.

Is there a page size setting? It's not importing without mucking up the page size, if that makes sense.

• Scott_10640616

Kirs, and Datarec,

This is the message when I go to the layout designer.

• Kris_Williams

certainly sounds like the paper size has changed but I don’t know where that would be other than in your general printer settings

• Scott_10640616

Hi Kris and Datarec,

I have manually moved the text box items around in the template. I also was printing to PDF not directly to the printer and I found that the PDF program had changed to a letter paper size rather than the A4 paper size. I changed that back to A4 in the settings of the PDF program.

Seems to be ok now.

Thank you both for talking me through it. Quite helpful.

• Datarec

Hi @Scott_10640616

Thank you for sharing your findings as it may help others similarly affected who come across this Community Post question.

Glad to hear that it has now been resolved.