$450 minimum threshold override - is this going to be introduced in Reckon One

Options
Milpara Community House
Milpara Community House Member Posts: 5
edited September 2020 in Reckon One

Are there plans to add an option to override the $450 minimum threshold for SGC in Reckon One? Our organisation just migrated from Reckon Accounts Plus to Reckon One.  In our former program the option to remove the $450 minimum threshold for SGC.  It would make my life much easier if this option was added to Reckon One.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I can’t answer your question directly but do you know that Reckon One will calculate the super once the Gross reaches 450 for all previous weeks in the month. Your request is a valid point though, this can be turned off in other software 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi MCH,
    Yes this is something we're looking to incorporate into Reckon One. In the meantime, perhaps have a look at the info in the below guide on a workaround in the interim -

HELP GUIDE: Unable to pay super guarantee for amounts below $450.00

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Milpara Community House
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks Kris, yes I am aware of this function. The Sector I operate in has removed the $450 threshold for SGC for all workers. Some of our staff only work 3 hours a week so it is very unlikely they would ever reach the $450 minimum in a month. 

Neighbourhood Houses & Adult Community Education Centres Agreement 2018 18.3. All employees covered by the agreement will receive the Superannuation Guarantee rate for all amounts earned. To avoid doubt NO minimum earning threshold applies. {The current Superannuation Guarantee rate is 9.5% and will increase in line with the Superannuation Guarantee Act entitlements).

• Milpara Community House
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks Rav, yes I have seen this guide.  I'm thinking for those employees who will definitely not meet the $450 threshold, at this time, I should set up a company contribution - similar to the Portable Long Service Levy for these employees using the gross wage as the quantity and the 9.5% as the rate.  Doing this I should be able to easily identify the SGC contributions for these employees and the YTD balance should carry forward.  It is an extra step in the payroll process and the process mentioned in the above guide is a bit messy and prone to error when paying the SGC contributions on a monthly basis.  I look forward to the incorporation into Reckon One.  :)
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I see, I hope Rav can help, good luck