Received message “ABN & Branch already registered

Options
Elias
Elias Member Posts: 24
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I tried to migrate from payroll to new app but keep received the message as above can you check if I have use GovConnect as I do not remember it.

ABN 72 339 292 559

thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Elias

Can you please try the migration again and let me know if it goes through for you successfully this time.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Elias
    Options

Hi it’s Maha from telex pizza trued again migration progress is still going taking over 5 minutes

• Elias
    Options

It has stopped after a long period it’s asking to migrate so I click on yes to migrate from STP app and it comes up again abn and branch number is already registered and is asking to sign in with another account now not sure what next to do

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Elias

I've done a bit of work on your account this morning.

Can you please go through the below steps -

• Close the app in full ie. swipe it away your other running apps on your phone
    • Go to https://payroll.reckon.com and sign in with the email address and password you use for your STP app account
    • Follow the prompts to migrate your data over.
    • After the migration is complete you'll be able to sign into the Payroll App on your phone to access the account.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Elias
    Options

Hi I’m trying again migration is in process but taking quite a long time let u know what happens thanks

• Rav
    Options

Hi Elias,

It shouldn't take any longer than a couple of minutes or so. If it takes longer than that, I don't think it'll go through again unfortuantely.

Let me know how you get on though.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Elias

Just checking in, I understand that you had a chat with our support guys this morning to report that the migration wasn't successful, is that correct?

I've made another small change on your account just now. Can you please go through the steps to migrate via https://payroll.reckon.com/ as I outlined above just one more time.

If it doesn't work, come back to me here and let me know what happened. We'll take it from there.

• Elias
    Options

Hi I tried the above and it still not working

• Elias
    Options

Hi I just tried again and it seems to have worked thanks for your help

• Elias
    Options

hi sorry to bother u again just one question do I have to re enter staff details as I thought they were transferred all over from the stop thanks again

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Elias

The existing employees from your STP app account should have been migrated over to the Payroll App.

When you go into the 'Employees' section in the Payroll App do you see them there?

• Elias
    Options

I have gone in the employees section but there is no staff listed only says create first employee

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm ok that is odd. Can you also confirm, if you go into the STP tab in the Pay Run screen, has the STP submission data that you've sent from the STP app been migrated over OR is that also blank?

Also, do you have any employees appearing in the 'Archived' tab in the employees section?

Can you please update your Payroll App to the latest version (currently v2.11.10 at the time of this reply) if you haven't already. Head into your app store and download the latest version of the app.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• Elias
    Options

Hi,

the story is blank and there are no employees in the archived tab in the employees section

I went to the App Store and updated the app but now when I go the the app reckon nothing is showing up just a blank screen

I really don’t know why this is not working

• Elias
    Options

do u want me to delete reckon app and download again

• Rav
    Options

@Elias

Are you using the Android or iPhone version of the Payroll App?

Yes, please delete the app from your phone and then re-download it and log back in. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll take this further with our dev team.

• Elias
    Options

Just so I download the correct one is it reckon payroll (payroll and stp made easy) I download it click on open and goes to blank screen

using iPhone version

• Elias
    Options

I have tried on another phone downloaded the app it went through but comes up with the same error message as before this abn and branch number already registered

• Rav
    Options

Did you SIGN IN on that other phone using the email address/password for the account you already created on the Payroll App OR did you attempt to create a new account on that phone and try to register your ABN again?

• Elias
    Options

same email address and password

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm ok that is strange then. It definitely sounds like weird behaviour from the app as it shouldn't be doing that.

So just to triple check, if you sign in to the Payroll App right now on your phone ie. the phone you were originally using the app on, it just takes you to a blank white screen after you sign in. Is that correct?

• Elias
    Options

So on the original phone I go to the reckon app and click on it it goes to a blank screen it doesn’t come up with anything for me to sign in

• Rav
    Options

Ok. It looks like there are a couple of things happening here.

When you created the Payroll App account, you've registered under an incorrectly spelled email address ie. @live.com.au was spelled as @luve.com.au

I can remove that registration however the bigger issue here is that you can't get into the Payroll App at all, ie. its taking you to a blank screen after opening it.

I'm going to send this over to my dev team to try and straighten out and I'll come back to you when I have more info from them.

• Rav
    Options

@Elias

Can you please try and open the Payroll App now and confirm if you're able to login.

• Elias
    Options

I just tried to open payroll app still blank screen

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @Elias, and apologies for all the hassle you've been through.

I've asked my development team to take a closer look into what is going on here and come back to me with some further insight on how to solve it.

I'll come back to you on this as soon as I've head back from the team.

• Rav
    Options

Hi Elias,

My dev team have performed some work on your account which has just been completed.

Can you please close the app in full again ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone and then open it up again.

Does the login screen appear for you after this?

• Elias
    Options

tried to open again no login screen appears only blank screen again

• Rav
    Options

Hi Elias,

I've got a developer investigating your issue at the moment to try and figure out why your app has become 'stuck' and unable to proceed. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

• Elias
    Options

Just checking in if there has been any further updates

• Rav
    Options

Unfortunately not just yet @Elias

I'm pushing the team on this though as I know you've been dealing with this for a while and I'm really sorry about that. I'll let you know as soon as I get more info.

• Rav
    Options

Good morning @Elias

My dev team have just got back to me about this. They've performed some work on your account which should solve this.

Can you please sign into the Payroll App using the same email address and password that you use for the STP app account. Follow the prompts to migrate your data.

Let me know how you get on this time.

Cheers

• Elias
    Options

Hi, any further updates I would appreciate if we can get this sorted out soon thanks

• Rav
    Options

@Elias I posted an update this morning right above your latest reply.

• Elias
    Options

i Clicked on the app and it’s still has a blank screen nothing comes up for me to sign in just to confirm the app is reckon payroll -payroll and stop made easy I don’t know what else to do

• Rav
    Options

@Elias

Can you uninstall the Payroll App from your phone one more time and then restart your phone as well please. Once that id one, download the Reckon Payroll App once more from your app store. Once its installed, open it and confirm that you are able to login.

If you are NOT able to and it still opens just the white screen can you go to this web page - https://payroll.reckon.com/ from an INCOGNITO/PRIVATE window on your browser (This is important). Does it allow you to login and migrate your data? If yes, please go ahead and do it.

If it doesn't please tell me what it does after logging in on that web page. Also, take a screenshot of the white screen that loads up after attempting to open the Payroll App on your phone and post it here.

• Elias
    Options

I downloaded the app on my wife’s phone and it went through to migration in progress and it still going after 5 minutes should I wait or do what u mentioned above

• Rav
    Options

If it takes any longer than 6-7 minutes, I'm guessing it won't go through again 😕 but please let me know if it changes on-screen.

• Elias
    Options

It is still going after 25 minutes saying migration in progress on my wife’s phone

• Rav
    Options

Ok can you just close it down on your wife's phone and make sure you swipe it away from any other running apps on the phone as well just so its fully shut down.

Once that is done, can you perform the steps from my earlier reply this morning. I'll paste it below -

If you are NOT able to and it still opens just the white screen can you go to this web page - https://payroll.reckon.com/ from an INCOGNITO/PRIVATE window on your browser (This is important). Does it allow you to login and migrate your data? If yes, please go ahead and do it.

If it doesn't please tell me what it does after logging in on that web page. Also, take a screenshot of the white screen that loads up after attempting to open the Payroll App on your phone and post it here.