Hourly rate issue

Yvonne
Yvonne Member Posts: 10
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi,

Has anyone encountered an issue concerning only having 2 decimals for an hourly rate, thus, calculating incorrect gross wages & super amounts?

Each week one of my employees will be out by 20 cents in gross wages & 2 cents for super.

Do I need to enter an update each week to reflect this?

thanks Yvonne

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Yvonne

Can you give me an example of the pay run you're creating in the app currently vs. the pay run you want the app to do.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Yvonne

Hi Rav,

Payrun details:

Ordinary hours:

Base Rate: $35.025 (App converts to $35.02)

Gross earnings need to be $1,401.00 (App calculates: $1,400.80)

Tax: $301.00 (which is correct)

Super: $140.10 (App calculates $140.08

Therefore: Gross wages will be out by 20 cents & Super will be out by 2 cents each pay.

I was using the STP app last fin. year and & I could enter in Gross wages, Tax & Super manually so no issues.

Thanks Yvonne

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks @Yvonne, let me check in with our app team about this and I'll come back to you shortly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav

Hi @Yvonne

Ok, a couple of things to go over. Firstly yes the fields in the Payroll App currently default to 2 decimal places currently however our guys are pretty aware (even more so now) that this isn't ideal or practical in a lot of cases such as what you've outlined.

Secondly, I've had a chat with our app team, they've already had this logged and are pushing up the priority on getting it addressed ASAP. The field will be expanded to accept four decimal place values.

I'm going to bookmark your discussion so its saved for me, I'll need to come back to you with more info as this progresses and I receive further updates from the team on when it can/will be implemented.

• Yvonne

Thank you Rav. Much appreciated.

• Heike
    Heike Member Posts: 7

Hi Rav,

I am encountering the same rounding issue as Yvonne. Thank you for looking into this.

kind regards

Heike

• Rav

Hi guys,

Just as an update, I've just got out of a meeting with our app guys and there is a new app update being finalised currently which will include the 4 decimal point expansion.

I don't want to get too ahead of things because it still has to pass testing and the Apple/Google approval process but if all of that is good then we're aiming for it to be available (hopefully) tomorrow or possibly Monday.

I'll let you know once those final details get firmed up.

• Heike

Hi Rav,

Thanks for jumping into action for us last week.

I just went in to check, it still seems to round down to 2 decimals? Just thought, since it is Tuesday today , I’ll give feedback in case that it should be working with 4 decimal points by now.

Kind regards,

Heike

• Rav

Hi @Heike

I'm really sorry, It looks like I jumped the gun with my last reply 😕. Unfortunately the update didn't pass our internal QA testing so its back with the devs to fine tune at the moment. They've told me that they're pretty close with it though so it shouldn't be too far off.

I'll create an announcement for it as well as soon as its released and available.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@Rav Is it please possible to have a page dedicated to known issues and workarounds in the Reckon Payroll App. Considering the sudden increase in usage due to additional ATO reporting rules from 1st July, it might help reduce the volume of queries in this community page. In addition this page should also summarise what are changes in next upcoming releases and also suggest some ways of doing stuff that is not already covered in the Help guides (which are not updated yet in many instances or lack detail).

Most of the information is already floating on these community posts and your invaluable and detailed responses provided. Considering STP app is already phase out there is one less thing to worry about.😀

• Heike

Thank you, Rav!

Heike

• Rav
    edited July 2021

Hi @Yvonne and @Heike

We've just release update v2.12.9 for the Payroll App which includes the expansion to 4 decimal places that you've been waiting for. I'm really sorry that we've kept you waiting for this one. The update is available to download right now from your Apple App Store or Google Play store.

More info on the v2.12.9 update available here -

• Yvonne

Thank you so much, I have now been able to enter the hourly rate with 3 decimal places!

Great 👍️

• Heike

THANK YOU!!! Heike