Wrong ABN upon migration from STP app to Payroll app

Steven_10861788
Steven_10861788 Member Posts: 2
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

My problem is as follows: My client is known as Realcraft Pty Ltd (ABN: 96007179642). Realcraft Pty Ltd is trustee for the A & T Papathanasiou Family Trust (ABN: 82403151082)

Realcraft Pty Ltd has never operated or traded. It is merely a trustee for the Trust

On the STP app the entity and ABN that was registered with the ATO was A & T Papathanasiou Family Trust

When I migrated the data across to the payroll app, I had difficulty registering the entity with the ATO, as the entity name and ABN appearing on the payroll app via Reckon was Realcraft Pty Ltd (ABN: 9600719642) and not A & T Papathanasiou Family Trust

The ATO officer had a discussion with her supervisor and despite some difficulty, the ATO officer registered the trustee entity on the payroll app

Today, I realised the the app is rejecting the STP report as it needs to register the software via Access Manager. So when I contacted the ATO to register the STP software ID, I was informed that this cannot be done through the trustee entity. It needs to be registered through the trust entity, as the trustee entity

1) Does not have a withholding role, as the withholding role is registerd with the trust

2) Does not lodge activity statements, as the statements are lodged by the trust, therefore, the withholding amounts will not match

I would not have this problem if the ABN registered on the payroll app matched that of the trust and not the trustee. Is it possible to download the app after deleting it and start all over again but this time manually enter the ABN of the trust?

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Steven,

There are a few things happening here but lets just focus on ABN 82403151082 first. From the sounds of it, this is the ABN that you need to use for STP for this business entity.

When I take a look at this ABN in our system, I can see there is an STP app account for it with a number of submissions sent which is fine. However I can also see there is a registration for this ABN in our GovConnect service created in June 2020 with only a couple of submissions sent to the ATO.

What is the background in relation to that? ie. were you using GovConnect in conjunction with a different Reckon software at some stage to send STP submissions? Is there anything further required/needed for those submission sent from GovConnect?

A couple of other questions just to clarify.

When I migrated the data across to the payroll app, I had difficulty registering the entity with the ATO, as the entity name and ABN appearing on the payroll app via Reckon was Realcraft Pty Ltd (ABN: 9600719642) and not A & T Papathanasiou Family Trust

When you attempted to migrate to the Payroll App, did you enter the same email address and password that you use for the STP app account for ABN 82403151082. What was the issue specifically that you ran into? I'm assuming you received a message stating the ABN was already registered, is that correct?

The ATO officer had a discussion with her supervisor and despite some difficulty, the ATO officer registered the trustee entity on the payroll app

What do you mean by this specifically? Did the ATO team member you spoke with access your Reckon Payroll App?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.