Cannot set up a new business in Reckon Payroll App - Android

leanne_10862710
leanne_10862710 Member Posts: 8
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I haven't received help from the previous 2 questions I asked in this forum.

It seems from other issues that people have faced that are similar to mine, I need a Reckon tech to clean up some data or settings server side.

My previous questions were about migrating to the New Payroll App, but I can't even just set up a new business (forgetting about trying to migrate data).

When I go through the process and select my business after entering my ABN, I get the message:

Failed to create gov connect subscription

This could be a temporary issue, please try again.

I have tried this multiple times over multiple days.

Can someone please help?

ABN is 35 447 024 316

My previous questions in this forum are:

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8030773/cannot-migrate-to-the-new-payroll-app#latest

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8030762/cannot-migrate-to-the-new-reckon-payroll-app-from-the-reckon-stp-app#latest

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Leanne,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bit of trouble in getting migrated over to the Payroll App.

I've had a look at your registration using the ABN that you've supplied above and in this case there isn't anything on backend side of things that requires any changes or intervention from my part.

If you're still having trouble and receiving an error then there are a couple of suggestions that I'll outline below -

I know you've mentioned you've already done this but I'd recommend taking another look at the employee and company info in your STP app. You'll need to ensure that all data is intact and accurate and that applies not only for active employees but also any inactive ones that you've previously reported for.

The second thing is a bit more unique to your situation which is ensuring that you're signing in with the correct credentials which are the same as what you use for your STP app account. I see your sign-in email address is a hotmail one which is fine but I've also noticed that it ends in .com.au Is that valid/accurate? The only reason I ask is, I haven't come across hotmail addresses with the .au domain, only .com

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• leanne_10862710

Thanks for your response @Rav.

I see in my STP app that the Company section does have the email as ash...@hotmail.com.au. I can't see a way though to change this. Is there somewhere that I can change the company email address?

There are only 2 employees and I've checked in the STP app and the details look good.

I log into the STP app with the l.bak...@gmail.com username. This is the username (with its password) that I use when logging into the Payroll app.

I was able to login to portal.reckon.com with the ash...@hotmail.com.au username (with its password) and I was able to change the email through the profile page, but this didn't change the company email.

After doing that, I still get the same error when trying to either migrate to, or set up a new company in the Payroll app.

Is there anything else you can suggest that I try?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Leanne,

Don't worry too much about the company contact email address at this stage. Instead though, can I just confirm now that you've changed the login email address using the Portal are you able to successfully login using those new details on the old STP app?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• leanne_10862710

For the STP app, I have always used l.bak...@gmail.com to login and that's where I have entered payruns etc... I also used this to login to the Payroll app when attempting to migrate/set up a new business.

ash...@hotmail.com.au was set up by a different person who no longer is involved.

I was able to change the ash...@hotmail.com.au login/username to ken...@gmail.com by logging in to portal.reckon.com as ash...@hotmail.com.au (with its password). I am now able to login to portal.reckon.com with ken...@gmail.com (with its password).

I can't login to the STP app or the Payroll app with ken...@gmail.com (with its password) because it asks for Two-factor authentication (the phone number is for the person who is no longer involved).

I also can't revoke (or change) Multi-Factor for ken...@gmail.com (which was ash...@hotmail.com.au) because I do not have that phone and I don't know the recovery pin.

Are you thinking that I could only use the Payroll app with the ken...@gmail.com (which was ash...@hotmail.com.au) username?

I have full control over the l.bak...@gmail.com user and have always used that for everything I've done.

Thanks again.

• Rav

Are you thinking that I could only use the Payroll app with the ken...@gmail.com (which was ash...@hotmail.com.au) username?

That was my initial thought but upon looking into this a bit further its not looking like that is going to work. I can see that your ABN is registered to the STP app but for some unknown reason its linking me to the ken...@gmail.com account as the 'owner' account. However when inspecting the account the STP app entity doesn't actually exist in that account, instead its in the  l.bak...@gmail.com account as you've mentioned.

Leave this with me for a bit, I'm going to get a bit of insight from my devs on this one.

• Rav

Hi Leanne,

Just touching base to let you know I haven't forgot about this one. The team have it assigned to a dev and they'll be getting back to me with more info. I'll keep you posted.

• leanne_10862710

I take it that there has been no resolution for this @Rav ?

• Rav

Its been a fair while hasn't it. I'm really sorry for the delay Leanne. Let me check in with the dev team to see where things have got to with your case.

• Rav

Hi @leanne

Just following up, can you please give the migration another go now and let me know if it goes through successfully for you.

Thanks

• Rav

Hi Leanne,

Just following up on this to see how you got on with this. Did your migration go through successfully following my last update?

Cheers

• leanne_10862710

Hi @Rav,

Thanks for following up and for tracking with this.

No. It failed again.

Because of this, I just went with another app called payroller and it worked first time, so I'll be using payroller.

cheers