Payroll App Keep frozen.

Options
Bygone
Bygone Member Posts: 11
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi Rav,

I was send email to you guy a couple of week ago about the Payroll App keep frozen every time when i input payroll data every fortnightly. . Some time i did two or three employees data, it will be frozen few hours . we only have 10 or 12 employees payroll. can take me two days to finish STP. I am paying $9.99/ per month for premier app. It shouldn't have this kind of problem.

I try to delete the app and re loading again from app store , but the a message said. "Deleting this app will also delete its data". I am worrying they delete all the data from since I have this app.

I am doing the STP now , the issue come back again , the page just in blank . nothing i can do now with the app. sorry.

this is my usename: admin@bygonebeautys.com.au.

Can you please help.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Dan

Bygone Beautys

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Dan,

The first thing I'd suggest is to ensure that you're on the latest version of the Payroll App which is currently v2.22.16. Head into your app store to download any available updates.

Deleting and then reinstalling the app is a good idea and in regard to the "Deleting this app will also delete its data" message you're encountering.. All your pay run and STP submission data is saved to your account itself rather than the app data. Uninstalling/deleting the app from your phone will not cause any issues with pay run/employee data etc, it only removes the app and its installation from your phone.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bygone
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thank you for the quick responding my message . I just deleted the app and re stalling the the app from app store.

I will let you know if the issue still is there or not , i will try to finish the STP now ,

Thank you so much , i really appreciated your time.

• Bygone
    Options

Hi Rav,

I am so sorry , the issue is still there. i did the first the employee 's pay . ,the app give me blank page again .

do you want to me delete and re install again ?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Bygone

Have you been able to use the Payroll App to create pay runs and STP submissions successfully before?

Just to confirm are you now running version 2.22.16? You'll find the version number on the login screen and in the 'Settings' area within the Payroll App.

Is this affecting only a particular employee or all/any employee that you try to create a pay run for?

Just as a test, do you have any other phone/tablet that you can download the Payroll App on and just confirm whether or not you're receiving the same issues? The reason I ask is I just want to isolate whether these issues you're experiencing are stemming from the device/phone itself or the app.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bygone
    Options

Hi Rav .

I installed the app to my Ipad Pro. i can confirmed that is 2.22.16 version.I processed 2 people , come to the third one come to blank page again, .i been waiting for 10 minutes now .

I have to been able to use the Payroll App to create pay runs successfully. but very unlikely in one go . i was use the free version app nearly a year. i thought if i pay the 9.99/ per month , it should be better, i have been paid last 3 or 4 month now . still have some issue. . like i said it can take me two days to submitted on STP.

it can affecting any employee. but more likely when i changing their hours numbers . because most staff is causal . the hours is different every pay .

I normal use my iphone (12) to use this App.

If you need to any more information please let me know ,

Thank you so much.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for doing that, I just have a few more questions.

When you ran into the problem on the iPad, was it the same employee that you were having issues with when trying on your phone? Or does it not matter which employee you select?

Can you do me a favour and head into the 'Employees' menu and go through the employee profiles to confirm if all employees have the required and valid data entered for them.

Are you connected via WiFi or mobile data?

Can I confirm the version of iOS that you are running on your iPhone 12.

I appreciate this is a long shot but are you able to take a quick screen recording/or even a screenshot or two of the issue happening on your end.

If its continuing like this on a repetitive basis and its not related to employee data/information after you check that then I'll see if I can get this across to our devs to investigate.

• Bygone
    Options

when i ran into the problem on the ipad, it was different employee. the previous one issue is correct again on the ipad,

iphone is on IOS 15.4.1

When i at work i am using WIFI.

I checked all the employees menu ,looks all good.

issue is happening when i put new datas in , the screen shows "loading" then 5 seconds later go to this blank page.(as the photo). just stay there for few hours if i don't delete the app and re install again.

Thank you for your time

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for that @Bygone, I'm going to put the details of this together but I've just had another thought, as you've mentioned you are on the Premium plan you have access to the web access version to your Payroll App account.

So can I get you to head over to https://payroll.reckon.com/ and sign in with your app login details. Then try create your pay runs and anything else you need to.

Let me know if you experience the same or any other issues if you access your account using the web access version. Hopefully it doesn't and gives you the ability to conduct your pay runs but please let me know as I'll include this in the case.

• Bygone
    Options

Hi Rav,

I used the web access version , the pay run has been submitted .

but i would like to use app for STP in future if the issue can resolved

i also would like to send payslips from this app. i tried couple of times , it didn't work.

i can use our old fashion way . but if i can use the app , it will be great.

Thank you.

• Rav
    Options

I'll get this over to my dev team to see if they can give me any info on what could be causing the problem.

i also would like to send payslips from this app. i tried couple of times , it didn't work.

In regard to sending pay slips, what happened when you tried to send them? The same problem or something else? As a test, can you try sending through payslips from the web access version and let me know if that goes through ok for you?