STP status of processing for several submissions - what do I do?

Options
Greg_10144224
Greg_10144224 Member Posts: 9 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

In the Reckon payroll app, I have several payruns that have the STP status sitting in 'processing'. This has been for a few weeks. Occasionally I have noticed they stay as processing for a day, but never for this long.

Can someone suggest what I do?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Greg

This can happen at times where there is either an issue with the ATO's SBR2 service which handles STP transmissions from all providers or if they may have taken their systems down for maintenance which happens on a semi-regular basis.

Something to note is, STP submissions are reported on a Year to Date basis only so if you have already submitted your next submission successfully (or will do soon) then your YTD balances will be updated.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

Sometimes the STP status of processing changes to done if you shut down and rerun the app. For example turn off the phone and restart. Just curious what is the status in the Payrun tab.

• Greg_10144224
    Options

Thanks swakhlu01. I had noticed something similar in the past, where the STP status seemed to update when I clicked into the STP stays and back out again. However, that hasn’t worked this time. The status remains processing in both the app and the web version.

The pay-runs for the matching pays are in a β€˜done’ status in the payrun tab.

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

Your best option if possible is to check the Employee income statement in Mygov ATO account and compare the YTD figure with what it should be. If there is a mismatch betweent the Payroll App EOFY payrun for YTD and the ATO income statement then some adjustment will be required to for the mismatch. However if the figures are same then it could be a glitch in status reporting.

• Greg_10144224
    Options

Thanks again swakhlu01. Do you mean confirming with the employee that the myGov YTD figure is correct in their myGov account?

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

Yes you can only suggest the employee to check if their income statement reported in ATO mygov is correct.

• Greg_10144224
    Options

Thank you. I will do that.