Cannot reach server

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: Server not available when trying to submit to ATO.

Comments

• LNT
    LNT Member Posts: 8

Hi Rav,

I used Reckon Single touch payroll on Ipad. My problem is when I submit to ATO ít show cannot reach server. This server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. This happen long time single last year. Please help me. Thank you

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @LNT

Can I just confirm, are you using the Payroll App on your iPad or a different Reckon software eg. Reckon One?

If is the Payroll App, are you on the latest version? (currently v2.24.19). Check if you have any available updates for the app in your Apple Store and if so download them to install. Once that is done, try again and let me know if the same thing occurs after.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• LNT

Yes, I have updated the app on my iPad but it still said temporarily unavailable.

thank you

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @LNT

When I take a look at your account, I can see there are a number of registrations you've created with differing GST branch numbers. From the looks of it, you've been reporting thus far under GST branch 2 however I can also see registrations for branch 1.

Can I just confirm, what is the actual GST branch number for your ABN in reality? Is it branch 2?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• LNT

Hello Rav,

Yes, the actual branch number of my ABN is branch 2.

thank you.

• Rav

Right ok thanks for that.

I've made a small change on my end which hopefully helps. Can you please close your app down in full ie. swipe it away from any other apps currently running on your iPad.

Once that is done, reopen it and login then try again.

Let me know if it works this time or if its still stating this error.

Also, I'd highly recommend that you check the 'Company Details' section in the Settings menu within the Payroll App. Its really important that all details are completed including address details, phone number etc.

• LNT

hello Rav,

i did close the app and sign in again also check the company details but it still said unavailable. Or do i need to create a new payroll ?

thank you.

• Rav

Please sign out of the app one more time and then log back in. If you're ready to create a new pay run then please do so and let me know if it goes through for you successfully this time.

• LNT

Sorry but it stil unavailable. I deleted the app and install again but also unavailable.

• LNT

also will it affect on the financial year payroll aswell?

thank you

• KAH
    KAH Member Posts: 2

HI Just wondering if the problem has been fixed? I have the same error with trying to lodge a stp pay run or when trying create EOFY report. Error Message CANNOT REACH SERVER. The server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. tried all the above suggestions - same error massage. Tried also with tech support on the computer app Different error message: Failed to submit STP pay run to ATO. All working ok up until last night 30Jun22. Not from the 1st July.

Looked at all company details - they seem ok. Not sure about the actual branch number and what that means- currently set as 1. But everything was work brilliantly (Lodging of STP pay runs with out errors) until 1st Jul22. Please help.

• Rav

Hi @LNT and @KAH

The most common cause of this issue is related to incomplete or invalid details which the app can't communicate to the server.

I know I've mentioned this already but can you please just double check the 'Company Details' section and ensure everything there is valid without special characters etc. Screenshot example below.

Also, have you created any new employees recently ie. since the last time you were able to use the app successfully? If so, I'd highly recommend checking the information in their profiles as well for the same thing.

Let me know how you go.

If you still don't have any joy, then please take a screenshot of the error appearing on-screen and send it through and I'll ask my devs to take a second look.

@KAH I'll need your ABN that you're using with the Payroll App as well.

• KAH
    KAH Member Posts: 2

HI have them through to you

Many thanks

KAH

• LNT

i have check the employees detail and company detail, everything was fill in and still not available.

thank you.

• LNT

Hi Rav,

I have done success. Ít because 1staff change her address, I fix it and ok now. Thank you very much.

Judy Trac