Super for Under 18s still showing on Payroll App

TLee
TLee Member Posts: 59 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Hi there,

This financial year the new requirement commenced of no Super payments required to be contributed to employees U18yrs unless they work greater that 30hrs/week. The Payroll App is still showing the weekly 10.5% Super contributions for these employees since July 1st. How can I change this ongoing and for the previous 4 weeks of payroll submissions? I found this under the ‘i’

next to the indicated super amount but when I went to settings there was no Superannuation Items listed.

thanks for your help.

Tania

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Tania

I've created an article which I'll link below as a guide on handling super for employees that are under 18 working less than 30 hours per week -

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• TLee

Thanks Rav, I shall give it a try now to use for future payments. But please let me know what i do with the previous 4 weeks of payments made which included the unnecessary super amounts?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2022

You can go back and edit those pay runs. Delete the earnings item which I'm assuming will be the 'Ordinary' item and instead enter the new one you've created. Ensure that you mark the resulting STP submission as an adjustment and send it through.

As an example in my screen recording below you'll see I have an existing pay run that I've already completed previously. In that pay run I've used the Annual Leave earnings item but after editing it I can remove that earnings item and use a different one instead, in this case the Ordinary item. I've marked the submission as an adjustment on the declaration screen prior to sending it to the ATO.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• TLee

Thanks very much . Ill do that.