Assign the superfund to your employee - Join Date ?

Options
TanyaK
TanyaK Member Posts: 4
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi, 

New employees now complete their employee commencement forms online through ATO online services (via myGov) which autocompletes all the details that used to be manually collected on paper forms, which prevents data entry errors etc ie

• Tax file number declaration
  • Superannuation standard choice
  • Withholding declaration
  • Medicare levy variation declaration

After they use ATO's online 'New Employment' service they then give us, the employer, the ATO summary printout to set up their pay (Employers don't have to lodge anything with ATO anymore in respect to these forms)

Firstly, the ATO summary gives us an "Event ID" number which it says allows your payroll software to automatically retrieve all the employee details required , tax, superannuation info etc, but seems Reckon payroll cant use this "Event ID" feature ?

Secondly, the ATO summary gives us almost everything we need to manually set up the employee in Reckon except a "Join Date" in their super details.

We are using Payroll web and it says a "Join date" is required.

We have tried a fake date, but it does not work? Error is "Couldn't get the superannuation fund".

We contacted our new employee - he has no idea what his join date was.

Is there a way around this ? Surely everyone else is having this problem now?  

Also - does anyone know why 'Join date' is needed if ATO don't even provide it to employers as part of the New Employee superannuation details ? The ATO just provide Fund name, Fund ABN, Fund USI and Fund Employee Account Number

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @TanyaK

Firstly, the ATO summary gives us an "Event ID" number which it says allows your payroll software to automatically retrieve all the employee details required , tax, superannuation info etc, but seems Reckon payroll cant use this "Event ID" feature ?

The Payroll App/Payroll Web service does not support polling data from external sources. You'll need to create employees locally within the app/web.

In regard to creating a super fund, I've just tested this out in my account to see if I can replicate what you're encountering however it seemed to work as normal.

Has the superfund been created in full and is it enabled in the Settings section?

Below is a quick screen recording I've made of creating a superfund and then assigning it to an employee in my test account.

Where in the process is the error message appearing for you? As soon as you enter the join date or when pressing the Done button when assigning?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TanyaK
    Options

Hi Rav, thanks for your reply. I basically did the exact same as you in your recording. I added the super fund in settings first, then when creating the new employee, I get to the employees superannuation section where I can then select the correct fund from the superfunds dropdown, I can then also select the relevant superfund product from the 2nd list of products offered by that fund (same as your recording). The only difference is you selected ANZ super in your demo, and we have select the employees MLC super product.

I enter his member number, Join date (random), Select super guarantee, then after pressing the "Done" button, it throws the error. I assumed this was because I used the date he commenced as the join date (plus tried various other random dates earlier on subsequent attempts). Although it seems like you just used a random 'join date' in your recording too 🤨

There is no way to try again either - I have to create employee completely again from scratch. So I know his personal details off by heart know as I have entered them so many times.

I also tried today using the payroll app (android) - it actually crashes with a big red Superannuation error message box before I even get a chance to get to see that section of the new employee process. So I don't even get a chance to select a fund, or product, or enter a date on the app (Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra)

It's a shame, Reckon payroll interface looked like it would be nice and user friendly 😕

• TanyaK
    Options

Trying take some screen shots just now but payroll web actually crashes (hangs) on the "leave entitlements page" now! (Chrome Browser) 😥 Tried half a dozen times and it hangs on that page every time.

I wonder if something could have gone wrong with my account setup when I upgraded to the paid version ? After upgrading the app to paid version and logging into payroll web for the first time everything has gone totally buggy. Data is not syncing properly between the 2 either. It took hours for changes in web to appear on the app.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hmmm that sounds like really odd behaviour 😕. The plan change from Basic to Premium shouldn't have affected any data or its sync between the two so that's a tad strange.

In regard to the mobile app though, just one thing to note is Payroll Web is a little further ahead of the mobile app at the moment in terms of its feature set. Creating and assigning a superfund isn't available in the mobile app just yet, however this is scheduled for inclusion in the app's next release.

You're right all the data I entered in my recording above is just dummy data I entered just for illustration purposes. Can I just confirm, are you attempting to add the superfund to the employee during the creation of the new employee profile itself?

If so, in Payroll Web can I get you to do me a favour and skip adding in the super fund and just continue completing the employee profile. Once the employee has been added go back and try editing the profile to add the super fund to the employee profile as in my screenshot and let me know if it works for you.

I did go through a test this morning by creating a new employee and adding the superfund during the creation process and it worked normally for me so I'd be interested to see your result.

Look forward to hearing from you

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TanyaK
    Options

Unfortunately Payroll web cannot even get past the Leave entitlement page anymore. I have tried with Chrome, Edge and Firefox browsers just in case it was a web browser issue. Regardless, it just sits on this button spinner animation forever. It used to go to the Initial YTD page without an issue. Something is really stuffed up with my account it seems 😪 So I cannot even create an employee at all now regardless of the Super selection issue

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for trying Tanya.

Can I get you to shoot me a private message with the email address for your Payroll Web account, contact phone number and the best time to give you a buzz.

I'm not in tomorrow but I'll ask one of our technicians to give you a call tomorrow if you're available to perform a remote login session. We'll get our devs on the case if required as well.