When is there next going to be an update to the app? Keeps crashing.

Options
Laurence
Laurence Member Posts: 2
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have not been able to complete a pay run since the latest update on 16th Dec '22.

After I enter a custom Tax withheld amount, because the app tables suggest there should be $0 tax withheld, I click on Done and the app closes. I need to login again, and the custom tax withheld is still at zero for the draft pay run. Always repeats.

I have cleared the cache, uninstalled-reinstalled the app and made sure that there are no other apps running at the same time.

Android ver.12

Not jailbreaked.

Tagged:

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,415 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Laurence

The latest update of the app (v5.0.12) contained an update to address some issues with the ability to edit tax for employees who have a calculated tax withheld amount of $0.00. It sounds like you're already on that version from what you've described so can I get a bit more info around the pay run itself, specifically the below.

After I enter a custom Tax withheld amount, because the app tables suggest there should be $0 tax withheld, I click on Done and the app closes.

Are you using a custom earning item that has been setup as non-tax applicable? To check, head over to Settings ➡ Earning items ➡ select the custom earning item from the list ➡ Check if its been setup as tax free or tax applicable.

Is the specific employee this is occurring on set up as 'TFT claimed'?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Laurence
    Laurence Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm using a custom earning item.

Earning . Variable; Fixed amount; Payroll expense a/c; Additional payment method A

I tried changing the Additional payment method A to Gross payments, but it would not change so I created a new item

Earning . Variable; Fixed amount; Payroll expense a/c; Gross payments

I was able to create and process a pay run with the new Earning item.

I did not check the TFT claimed because the new item worked.

Thank you for your assistance.