Converting data from Xero to Reckon

Options
Teagan
Teagan Member Posts: 6 ✭

Good Morning,

I am after some information from anyone who has converted data from Xero to Reckon. Either Hosted or Accounts.

The scenario is we were with Reckon, moved over to Xero, Lost all job reporting functionality and stock control and now we need to move back over to Reckon.

I have requested a quote from the migration team however this was extremely expensive. Has anyone done this and of so how? If i can do anything myself to bring the cost down to a reasonable price I will.

Comments

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Teagan

Do you still have your original Reckon Accounts data file or backup file just prior to your move to Xero?

Did you migrate data from Reckon to your Xero platform account?

One way to bring down the cost would be to either:

a) Make use of your original Reckon data file into which only the newer info from Xero be extracted and recreated

b) Migrate from Xero only the list of chart of accounts, customers, suppliers, product/service lists AND only the opening/closing balances for accounts, with summary opening balance amounts for customers and suppliers as at your nominated cut-over date

c) Migrate from Xero only the list of chart of accounts, customers, suppliers, product/service lists AND the opening/closing balances for accounts, with detailed outstanding invoices, bills, cheques only as at your nominated cut-over date

The more historical data you want to be recreated, the more it would cost and the longer it could take.