How will Reckon Accounts Premier handle STP2?

Options
ilasero
ilasero Member Posts: 10
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I use Reckon Accounts Premier's payroll and have just 1 employee.

I have been reporting STP through the basic Mobile app, I was informed that the mobile app will no longer exist and that it will be a website. I feel that I need more information before I can take advantage of the 50% discount to move to Premium

Thanks

Ilana

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @ilasero

Can I just clarify, if you're currently using Reckon Accounts Premier, is there a specific reason you're not using that for payroll & STP submissions and instead using the Payroll App for payroll?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ilasero
    Options

Very simple, I am using it for payroll but not submitting the STP to the ATO, as I mentioned we only have 1 employee and to do it through Reckon Accounts Premier, we would have had to pay and the Basic Payroll app has been free so far.

Ilana

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Illana,

Sorry I think we're getting our wires crossed here 😄

Reckon Accounts Premier is a desktop software that you install on your PC and is a full accounting software suite that includes more than just payroll. Is that what have as you've mentioned or are you only using the Reckon Payroll App (mobile app)?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ilasero
    Options

Yes, it is and I use it for accounting, BAS, Payroll, etc.

I'm only using the mobile app to submit to the ATO as it is free, not worth paying with just ONE employee, but if the app will be retired what will I use and how much is it going to cost?

There should be an alternative for employers of maybe 1 to 3 employees I feel.

Thanks for your responses

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

Reckon should not forget it is the Basic app users who tolerate all the inconveniences of lack of phone support and yet provide a testing ground.

• Rav
    Options

If you're using Reckon Accounts Premier then that already contains both payroll functionality within that software AND the ability to send STP submissions from it via the GovConnect service.

Using the Payroll App just to send STP submissions is not necessary if you already have, and are using, Reckon Accounts for the business as it contains all the functionality required for both payroll and STP submissions.

The free tier of the Payroll App will be retired and no longer available so if you wish to continue using the Payroll App you will need to upgrade to the Premium plan.

To answer the question in the opening title of the post though, the functionality to comply with STP Phase 2 requirements for Reckon Accounts Premier (desktop) and all our payroll-capable software is currently being finalised by our teams and we'll be communicating this over the next little while including holding webinars that will outline the full process. Stay tuned for that.

• ilasero
    Options

I am aware that you can submit through the Reckon Accounts Premier (desktop), but it comes down to cost as I mentioned before with just 1 employee…..

• Rav
    Options

I'm not sure I'm following. If you're using Reckon Accounts Premier, you're already paying for that software, correct?

• Rav
    Options

I don't want to derail this thread from the OP's initial query but thought it was important to address this comment.

We're not forgetting about our basic plan users at all. In fact, its been really awesome to see how much value the Payroll App has provided to a great number of folks since its inception and we're looking forward to continue building on this as we start moving forward into the era of STP Phase 2.

At the same time, I think its important to highlight that we've been pretty upfront from the get-go about the inclusions and limitations of the free tier on both a features and support perspective. Also, the free basic tier of the Payroll App has never been used as a ‘testing ground' for any features/functionality and in fact there has been a significant amount of inclusions and enhancements that have been added to the free tier since it began in conjunction with the premium tier. There has been a diverse range of feedback we've garnered from both free and premium users over the last couple of years which has directly translated to product enhancements (including from yourself as well) and hopefully that will continue.

It's important to recognize that all users of the Payroll App, regardless of their pricing tier, are important to us. While Basic app users may not have access to the same level of support as paying customers, I've made it a focus of mine to ensure the Reckon Community has delivered a very strong service experience for free tier users which I hope you'll agree has been the case.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    edited February 2023
    Options

And there have also been many users of the Basic tier who have provided inputs to this Community hub sharing their experiences to help all tiers of Payroll App users who may have been struggling with issues in the App or not receiving timely support from formal channels.

My response was in no way meant to diminish the value of support the Reckon Community Manager has provided to Basic tier customers which has been great. But there will be many micro employers of 1 to 3 employees who may not wish to make a regular payment for a service that will continue to be provided free by other providers even after STP2. This will be a loss of a large test base for Reckon who did not have any expectation of support. That is the point I was attempting to make.