I did upgrade to Premium but my status still is Basic

Options
AnnTaffs
AnnTaffs Member Posts: 14
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I did upgrade and paid via google on Feb 17th . The status still is basic. Can't do anything that Premium can do. When I click “Report”, it ask me to subscibe to Premium. When I try to click subscribe or update , it said “ You're already subscribed to Reckon Payroll” and when I click manage subcriptions, it show “ next payment on 17 Mar 2023".

So now I have to pay every month but still on basic program. Pls advise what can i do..

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @AnnTaffs

That sounds a bit odd. Are you on the latest version of the Payroll App which is currently v6.0.31. If not, can you please update by heading into your app store and downloading any available updates.

Secondly, if you logout of your Payroll App account, Settings ➡ Sign Out and then close the app down in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps.
    Reopen the Payroll App and sign in. Check if that changes your access within the app.

If not, can I get you to please try restoring the purchase in your app.

To do that, head over to Settings ➡ Restore Purchases

You may need to sign out again after performing the purchase restore as above.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AnnTaffs
    Options

Hi Rav. I just tried to download to nother phone and log in. The software is lastest version. Still on basic plan and allow me to subcribe to Premium, but I didn't subcribe (concern about double payment. Should I try to restore purchase or click subcribe ?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @AnnTaffs

Ok so after downloading the app to another phone and logging in to the existing account, if you go to the Upgrade screen does it show that the plan is still on basic?

Does this new phone have the same Google account as the original one you had the app installed on?

I'd suggest that you try the Restore Purchases step on the original phone first but ensure that the app is updated to the latest version on that phone first as well.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AnnTaffs
    Options

after log in the new phone, it's still on basic. This new phone also have google account.

I will follow you instruction on the original phone tonight (it's not with me at the moment), and let you know. Thank you so much.

• AnnTaffs
    Options

Hi

On the original phone , the app is lastest version. I followed your instruction, but it still stuck on the basic plan. When I click restore purchase it show " No active subscription - There are no active subscription to restore.

If I go to purchase I still have the same response as in my first message above.

“ You're already subscribed to Reckon Payroll”  ???

• AnnTaffs
    Options

I got email from google pay as above photo.

Should I cancel my subscription ?

• Rav
    Options

Hi @AnnTaffs

Did you receive that email from Google immediately after subscribing to the Premium plan on your first attempt on the 17th or when you posted the above comment on the 25th?

Don't cancel the subscription, I think I might need to get a bit more info around this.

Can I just get a couple more things from you, first the ABN that you've registered to your Payroll App account and second a screenshot showing the message stating you are already subscribed to Reckon Payroll in the app.

• AnnTaffs
    Options

Yes I receive that email from google immediately on 17th.

The ABN is 98438587671

• Rav
    edited February 2023
    Options

Thanks @AnnTaffs, let me have a word with my app team about this and I'll get back to you.

Also, just to confirm the payment method that have on your Google Play account eg. credit card, Paypal etc was billed on the 17th when you upgraded, correct? ie. does the $4.99 charge show up on your credit card transactions?

Also, you are on the latest version of the Payroll App correct? The current version is v6.0.31

• AnnTaffs
    Options

I confirm the payment on google play by debit card was billed on th 17th after I did upgrade to v6.0.31.

The $4.99 charge show up on my debit card transactions.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for confirming @AnnTaffs and for all the info.

I've put this together into a case and sent it over to my dev team to start an investigation into the cause of this and what needs to be done to solve.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear back from the team.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @AnnTaffs

My dev team have just got back to me and asked if you can please logout of your Payroll App account then close the app down in full when you next get a chance to do so. Once that is done, reopen it and log back in.

Let me know after that if you're able to access Premium features and if the plan page has changed to show 'Premium'.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers

• AnnTaffs
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi Rav. I'm on the premium plan now.

Thank you so much for your help.