You are not authorised to submit this lodgment on behalf of the client.

Options
Mavis Xu
Mavis Xu Member Posts: 29
edited September 2023 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi there,

I have submission problem after updated to STP Phase 2.

When our clients on Phase 1 level, send pay runs to Reckon GovConnect, pay run can be lodged to ato.

However, after we switched to Phase 2, STP submissions had error. Please see the error below.

I confirmed we already update SBR software ID by Access Manager. Don't know why it happened... Can anyone help to explain and let me know how to solve this problem...

Thank you... !

Answers

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Can anyone help...??

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,537 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Mavis Xu

During your upgrade to Reckon Payroll, did you go through a company setup process? If so, did you enter a different GST branch number for your ABN to that which you've been using up until now?

In Reckon Payroll, go to Settings ➡️ Company Details ➡️ GST Branch, what is listed there? And more importantly, does it differ to what you've been submitting under previously?

Example screenshot below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thanks for your reply.

Re GST Branch, normally lists 002.

And I don't know whether it differ to the ones previously or not, where can I check that?

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav ,

Can I give you my client ABN, so you can help to check what's wrong there...

I think most of our clients have the same problem for submission on Phase 2...

Thank you~

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,537 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Sure, if you can give me the ABN then I can take a look

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav

Here's my clients' ABN

85 939 471 914, this one is sole trader.

74 619 049 526, this one is a company.

They both have submission error after updated to STP Phase 2.

Please help to check... Thank you!!

• Rav
    Options

Both of these ABN's have been reporting under the default 001 branch.

I'd recommend that you switch over to the Reckon One book then go to Settings ➡️ Book Settings and ensure you have 001 entered in the Branch Number field for both books.

Once that is done, relaunch Reckon Payroll (its important that you relaunch it) then in Reckon Payroll, go to Settings ➡️ Company Details and confirm that 001 is appearing in the details screen.

If so, then you should be good to go from that point on.

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav

I tried what you said , it still did not work. ..

The error reason is below.. But I'm sure we have registered all clients' Sofyware ID in Access Manager...

Hope you can help for this further problem ... Thanks

• Rav
    Options

Right ok, that is something separate/different and unrelated to the branch number situation.

We'll need a bit more info on this so can I ask a favour and get you to check something out -

Hop into the respective STP entity in GovConnect for the ABN that you're trying to submit for.

If you compare your Registered Agent Name that has been entered in GovConnect (screenshot example below), does it match exactly to your name as it appears in Access Manager?

(I could be wrong, but I believe its the Manage Permissions page in Access Manager)

If it does not match, can you please edit the Registered Agent Name in GovConnect to match how your name displays in Access Manager. Once that is done, resubmit that submission and let me know if that works successfully for you.

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav

Just tired... Registered Agent Name is same as it on AM.

Still not working...😥 Same error description...

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for trying @Mavis Xu

Ok I think we'll need to take a little bit of a closer look into this.

I'm going to send through an access request for these two books; but in order to do so can I just confirm the book names for each of those respective ABN's as they appear in your Reckon Portal. Example below -

Once I've got that, an automated email will come through to the owner of the book to grant access which they'll need to acknowledge.

This is already under investigation but I'll put the details of this together into a case and send it over to my dev team as it'll give us a clear example to work with.

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, one is "MING YE", another is "FACOX PTY LTD".

Let me know if you need further info. Cheers.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks @Mavis Xu

I've sent through access requests for each book, it'll come through via email. Can you please take a look when you can and grant access.

Also, just one other question. In the declaration screen in Reckon Payroll just prior to sending the submission, are you entering your name in the same way as its listed in the Access Manager and GovConnect there as well?

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav

Thanks for your emails, already granted the access.

I entered my name in the declaration screen in Reckon Payroll just prior to sending the submission,

But the name listed in the Access Manager and GovConnect is our tax agent's full name.

Is that means all the name should be the same one? do I need to try this option to see what happened...

• Mavis Xu
    Options

And @Rav ,

I have one more question:

Registered Agent Name, we should enter the full name of tax agent or the agent practice name...

• Rav
    Options

Let me clarify, in the declaration screen in Reckon Payroll, are you entering the same registered agent name that is listed in GovConnect? It sounds as though you're not or its different, is that correct? Are you the tax agent?

• Mavis Xu
    Options

@Rav ,

The name is different, i'm not the tax agent, just his assistant.

• Rav
    Options

Can you please enter the same name as it appears in the registered agent name and send through the submission again. Let me know how that goes.

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav

tried, not worked...

• Rav
    Options

Ok thanks for trying all that, really appreciate your patience and co-operation 🙏

So just confirming, the registered name in GovConnect, Access Manager and the declaration screen were all the same and it resulted in the same error appearing on the submission, correct?

I won't ask you to try anything else, instead I'm going to get the details of this together and send it to our team for further investigation.

• Mavis Xu
    Options

@Rav No worries...thanks for your help.

Can I know how long it will take? cuz all clients start STP Phase 2 from 1 Oct. I suppose, and if this problem cannot be solved, what we should do for submission...

• Rav
    Options

I'm not quite sure just yet but I've been speaking with the product team about your case and have sent them your books for their investigation so hopefully we see some action on this very soon.

I'll keep you posted with any new info I receive on this.

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav

I called ATO this morning.. they said they already granted our clients Software ID and can see the pay runs I lodged preciously.

They said already notified, I need to ask Reckon to check what's the problem there..

Just let you know the issue... Thanks

Hope to hear from you soon...

• Rav
    Options

Thanks @Mavis Xu, just to clarify do you mean they've confirmed that they've received the pay runs you lodged that returned this current error?

OR

Are you referring to previous submissions prior to this error that is now appearing?

• Mavis Xu
    Options

Hi @Rav

ATO said they can see the pay runs I submitted , I asked them why software still shows "error" and cannot see any stp reporting from ato portal, they said I need to connect Reckon to see that's going on, maybe some bulk problem...

ATO means they already notified the software ID and other things need to discuss with software provider...

• Mavis Xu
    Options

@Rav

i'm tring to submit another client... error information below...

I think still the same problem, something just stuck there....😥

• Rav
    Options

Got it, thank you @Mavis Xu, leave this with us for a bit. Its the top priority for our dev team right now and I'll keep you posted as soon as I have more news.

• Rav
    Options

Hey @Mavis Xu

I've just sent you a private message, can you please check it out when you have a chance 🙂

Cheers