How to delete STP 2 file on Govconnect

Options

I had to correct a payroll error but have already uploaded the STP2 file on Govconnect. I uploaded the new file but the old file was still there. How do I delete the old file?

Best Answer

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,329 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It will all be fine on the payment year end totals because each submission includes YTD figures.

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,329 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You can’t just ignore it

• THSC
    THSC Member Posts: 3
    Options

It gets exported to the ATO and it ends up on the BAS. I can edit the BAS payroll amount but don't know whether it will still aggregate onto the payroll at the end of the year into the employee payment summary?

• THSC
    THSC Member Posts: 3
    Options

In STP1, when I submit a new file for the same date, it uploads as an amended file for that date in Govconnect.

• Kris_Williams
    edited September 2023
    Options

Actually that was a typo of mine, you CAN definitely ignore it

so sorry

I’ve just realised that what I meant to say was you can’t delete it, just ignore it. Too many things in my head today