BUGS!!

Kali
Kali Member Posts: 367 Reckon Star Reckon Star

@Rav there are so many bugs in Reckon Payroll and I keep getting told the same story "it will take 1-2 days to fix' - how are we supposed to be compliant with ATO by 30/9 when the software is full of bugs. Payroll professionals cannot tell employees they can't be paid for 1-2 days whilst our software provider sorts out bugs in their program!

Have you contacted the ATO and asked for a further extension for your customers whilst you sort out these bugs? This is extremely unprofessional of Reckon.

I have 3 current cases open with your technical team. Who have confirmed the issues are in fact software bugs.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,222 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

There are certainly a few things that our teams are looking into at the moment and I apologise that it hasn't been the smoothest of transitions for some users making the move.

The old Payroll Premier software operates on vastly different architecture than the new-gen Reckon Payroll and due to that there have been some hiccups we've uncovered that weren't apparent in testing. There aren't any magic fixes so investigating and developing solutions for certain things can take a bit of time and I can assure that the full attention of our devs is on the upgrade to Reckon Payroll for both our Reckon One and Payroll Premier users. No excuses, but just adding context.

More to the point though, are you specifically encountering any issues right now that is preventing you from creating a pay run and sending the STP submission in Reckon Payroll?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kali
    edited September 2023

Hi Rav,

Firstly, thank you for at least acknowledging this hasn't been a smooth transition.

Secondly, yes. Most of the 'bug's mean incorrect information is showing on an employee's pay slips, which means disgruntled employees and employers. Which I do not want. I am not going to release pay slips to employees that I know are incorrect.

1 of the major bugs is that two files aren't even migrating across from Payroll Premier to Reckon One.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,222 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2023

What incorrect information is appearing on a payslip specifically? Can you give me a bit of detail on that please.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kali

Superannuation accounts aren't linking correctly.. SMSF especially; however, I also have an APRA account that isn't linking correctly - which you promised me you would look further into but i never heard back from you. I called the technical team re: both issues this morning and they couldn't get it to link their ends either and had to escalate it further. I also can't provide the necessary leave liability reports to our Accountant which we do after each run as the reports are still showing casual employees. We (myself and technical team) tried to apply your workaround and it did not work.

• Rav

The situation of NGS Super not populating the related fund products is with our Reckon Payroll dev team at the moment for further investigation. As I mentioned in the previous post on the subject, other super funds are working correctly so it seems its isolated to that particular fund. Once I have more specific information around this, then I'll share it with you.

In regard to the SMSF's, I'm not across it but I'll have a chat with the team and see if I can find any info around that.

• Kali

I get it Rav but their 1-2 day turnaround doesn't help the deadline for paying employees. Reckon have given me 10 days from migration to have this ready to go. I have been working 12 hour days ever since, and met with multiple bugs preventing me for moving forward.

• Kali

@Rav I have just gotten off the phone with the ATO and have explained my situation. They have advised to continue lodging through STP1 and the old software until the new software has had it's bugs ironed out.

Can you please advise of any issues you see with this ASAP?

• Rav

Yes I do, I would strongly recommend that you do not go back to Payroll Premier desktop for pay runs or submissions as that is going to cause you headaches further down the line.

Let me try and understand this situation in regard to the payslips & super funds you're encountering. What is displaying on the payslips specifically at the moment if you create a pay run for an employee with an SMSF? Does it assign and display 'Default Super Fund' for any super balances paid within that pay run or is something else happening?

• Kali

Can you explain why? I have not rolled the files over I am most concerned about over to STP2 yet, only prepared the employee profiles. Drafted a pay run and reviewed pay slips which is when i have encountered the issues.

Two of my files haven't even been migrated over yet as the technicians cant work out why they're not working so I literally have no other choice for those particular ones.

• Kali

@Rav i received this late last night from Reckon.

• Angella
    Angella Member Posts: 37 Reckoner Reckoner

@Kali , we too have been very hesitant to move all our clients over. The system cannot handle our bigger clients and the complexity. We have applied for extensions with the ATO.

Our small payrolls, ones that use to only take us 15 minutes to process, now take up over a day with errors.

I am finding myself entering payroll data into Payroll Premier and then into the new payroll to ensure that figures are correct.

The fact that there the new payroll 'upgrade' is not better than or even up to the standard of Payroll Premier, it is very concerning because now we are almost forced to look elsewhere for a program that can run like Payroll Premier.

Its so timely just setting up the master file when it should all have just come across.

Not having awards, classifications, departments, a filter to sort by surname, certain reports such as Leave Taken etc. It is missing some very crucial requirements.

The fact that we cannot enter rates in one section under an award and classification...and having to go into each individual file and re enter $ amounts...so much room for errors here.

• Kali

Hi @Angella

I could not agree more. I too am mirroring runs inside Payroll Premier - no confidence in Reckon Payroll at all. Definitely a downgrade, not upgrade, which is so disappointing as I was so hopeful. Long time user of Payroll Premier (almost 20 years) and it has gone from bad to worse.