Logging in to the Payroll Companion App

Options
kenl90
kenl90 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

The download guide says, "To set up the app, please select the ‘Sign in’ option and use the same username and password as your Reckon Portal account.

I don't have a Reckon Portal account sign-in credentials. I've always logged into Reckon Payroll using my GMail credentials.

When I tried to create account, it says that the email is already taken. How do I get a login account to use the Android based Payroll Companion app?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,032 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @kenl90

Our Reckon One users who sign in with an SSO-type login eg. Google/Gmail should have received a separate copy of the email that contains the section below -

If that's the case for you which it sounds like it is, then I'd recommend checking out the info here 👇

I have a Google or Office 365 login, how do I access the Reckon Payroll App? 📱

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• kenl90
    Options

Nope!

It came back with the error message, "Sign in failed - Incorrect username or password. Please try again". This happens in both the new Companion App as well as the web-based app. I'd be very concern if it does take my Google Mail credentials to login. If it does, it also means Reckon have my Gmail credentials stored in your system

I raised this question for the web-based app sometime ago and I was advised to continue using my Gmail credentials. I attached a screenshot when I tried using this on the web-based app and the companion app

• kenl90
    Options

Rav,

I just followed the instruction and revoked the MFA. According to the instruction, I should be receiving a password reset email to my email address so I can set a password for my account. When will that happen? Now, I can't login to Payroll :(

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,032 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@kenl90

We don't record or store your Gmail credentials in any sense.

You need to switch your login from an SSO-type to a 'regular' login ie. email address & password-type login in order to access the app using the instructions in the guide I shared above.

You've mentioned you've revoked MFA however that is a separate thing and unrelated to your SSO login. Do to clarify, did you revoke MFA or did you revoke SSO as outlined in the guide?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• kenl90
    Options

Rav,

I followed the instruction as per the guide

I just tried something else.... Now, when I open the web-based Payroll, I just click on "Sign in with Google" and it took me immediately to Payroll, without having to fill in my gmail credentials! How does this work???? I'm so confused

• Rav
    Options

Sorry @kenl90, I'm having trouble following where you've got to and how.

When I look at your account on my end now, I can see that its now a 'regular' type login so it looks like you've switched over from an SSO-type login successfully. If you've already set your password as well via the password reset email then at this point, you should be good to go.

When you login to Reckon One from the usual Reckon Portal, you will do so by typing in your email address and password then hit the Sign-in button. You will no longer use the Sign in with Google button.

You can also login to the new Reckon Payroll directly from https://payroll.reckon.com/ and type in your email address and password.

• kenl90
    Options

Thanks Rav. All good now.