Reckon Hosted disconnection

Options
Julie C
Julie C Member Posts: 56

Hi Community,

I have been experiencing constant drop outs since the update. Has there been a fix for this? It is occurring when idle but no where near one hour, much more frequent.

Thanks, Julie

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,457 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Julie C

Would be keen to get a bit more info around this.

When you say it drops out, what actually happens on-screen? Are you encountering a message like the below?

You've mentioned it occurs after the session has been idle for less than an hour. Do you have an example of this? Specifically the exact times where you were last active in the file vs the time you receive the above message.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Wendy_7689800
    Wendy_7689800 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Options

Despite the original issue being closed, I'm continuing to have disconnections throughout the day.

So far at least 3 today (26/3), and some yesterday, but I didn't realise until just now that the issue is closed, so I hadn't been tracking details of how long or error messages, will try to track .... would be interested to know if anyone else is still having the problem.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,457 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Wendy_7689800

Just to add some context, the original issue was related to a blue remote desktop licence error message appearing for some users following Hosted's system upgrade. That has been resolved which is why that specific issue thread has been closed.

In regard to disconnections on the other hand, I just to want to clarify, while the message from my screenshot above is new following the recent system upgrade to Hosted and is normal for a session that has remained idle for a prolonged period, the overall behaviour when it comes to idle sessions is unchanged.

Essentially, if your session has been left idle for an extended period of time, the above message will appear. You can keep a session active simply by doing something in your file eg. working in it, clicking a menu or even just moving your mouse around in your file.

If the above message appears due to your session being idle for a prolonged period, you'll be able to reconnect to that existing session provided you reconnect within a reasonable period of time of the message appearing. If not, the session will end and you'll be required to relaunch your file.

So just to confirm, are you noticing the above message appearing after your session has been idle for an extended period of time? Say an hour for example? Or are you noticing it appearing after a very short time period after you were last active in the file? If so, then that's outside of the normal behaviour and something we'd be interested in getting specific examples of from you.

Can I get you to please take note of the specific times, in particular when was the last time the session was actively in-use vs when the idle session message appears. If you've already got those details, can you shoot that through to me in a private message along with the UserID it relates to.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Wendy_7689800
    Options

I will try to track, although I tend to be working on 15+ open screens on the computer at any point in time (as in other apps) and don't track what time I move around them.

Yesterday there was at least once instance where I needed to log off remote sessions from the control panel.

• Wendy_7689800
    Options

First incident of this this morning, Error message as per above.

Would have been inactive approx 1 hour.

Is 1 hour considered an "extended period of time"? Could I ask why this has been implemented?

• Wendy_7689800
    edited March 27
    Options

2nd one for the day.

I've been trying to check/open Reckon regularly, I used Reckon approx 15 minutes before the error (I sent an email from Reckon, so have the time recorded).

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Wendy_7689800

Is 1 hour considered an "extended period of time"? Could I ask why this has been implemented?

There haven't been any changes when it comes to how long sessions are active aside from the message from the screenshot in my first reply above now appearing following the recent system upgrade. Prior to the upgrade an idle session would not display anything on-screen which might make it seem like its still active however the above message now appears to provide indication.

The message from your latest reply above is something different altogether. That Gateway: Failed authenticating user token message usually appears if your session has been interrupted. For example if your internet connection has dropped or the page has been refreshed using the refresh option on the browser. Are you aware of anything like that happening prior to that message from your latest reply above?

• Wendy_7689800
    Options

The page definitely wasn't refreshed.

I'm not aware of any internet interruption, and was using other internet resources.

In terms of the timeframe, I have never experienced this volume of drop-outs, and my work habits haven't changed. I am very certain it would regularly have been a number of hours on some occasions, and rarely dropped out.