Failure to verify data, have received more than one of these error messages

Options
Janelle Knight
Janelle Knight Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

verify.c (11243) : CHECKPOINT: Mon Apr 01 16:18:02 Warning: Verify Memorised Transaction: Orphaned target = 29481

verify.c (11256) : CHECKPOINT: Mon Apr 01 16:18:02 Fix: *** ERROR REMOVING 29481 ***

Answers

• Janelle Knight
    Options

Can someone help me out as to how to fix these errors please?

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @Janelle Knight ,

This is typically due to a minor corrupt transaction.

You can try to rebuild the company file (File > Utilities > Rebuild Data) - this should resolve the issue.

However, if this does not work, you can reach out to Data Recovery here: https://www.reckon.com/au/support/data-services/ , and they will need to go into the company file's internal data, and remove the orphaned transaction.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Janelle Knight
    edited April 3
    Options

Thanks for your reply Alexander. It's disappointing this has occured. We have had the data team fix our file last year due to their own Reckon system and encountering a banking data error (when trying to set up bank downloads), however I had to pay $600 to fix and waited two days for it to be fixed, with my staff members having downtime for those two days.

I understand that software glitches from time to time, however I have checked all memorised transactions, there are no NEW ones, just ones that have been there for a couple of years, and entered each month without issue.

I will reach out to them, however again thank you for your reply.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,079 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Janelle Knight

Have you been backing up your file regularly?

How often do you make a backup?

How many older backup sets do you keep before deleting any older backups?

Do you enable the "Complete verification" option in the backup setting?

When was the last time you successfully created a backup with no errors detected?

We've sent you a message and will await your response so we can continue to assist you.