Error code appearing after saving

Trevor Chivell_10031800
Trevor Chivell_10031800 Member Posts: 3 Reckoner Reckoner

Updated to Reckon Desktop 2024. I open a Company File and enter data. When finished, I Rebuild data file and return to Home. Then Save file. All goes OK until I go to leave Save. The screen does not come back - just an Error Code 14147 07923 telling me to Close Reckon. To go again, I have to login again. Why is this so?

Trevor Chivell

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi there @Trevor Chivell_10031800

Can I just clarify, you've mentioned this error appears as you save the file or "until I go to leave Save".

Are you referring to the the step where you're prompted to save a backup copy of your file prior to the rebuild commencing?

Or if not, what actions are you taking specifically to save the file when this error appears?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Paladin
    Paladin Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Thanks Rav. After every session I Rebuild then Save a Copy. Since the update to 2024, I hit the Rebuild button and Reckon commences a backup but stops very quickly as "Backup not responding". The program comes back to Rebuild and does its thing. Rebuild finishes then I hit the Home button and the Screen Menu comes up. I then go the File and hit the Save a Copy button. I then fill in the options. I save the Backup to an external drive E marking total files saved to 1 in each space. I come back to the options and hit NEXT which takes me to the Save File to what file and hit Save. The program seems to save the file but when it completes, the screen comes up the ERROR Message 14147 07923 requesting I Close out of Reckon. I do so and am out of Reckon. It used to take me back to the Screen Menu before the update.

Feel free to ask me if you need anything else.

Trevor Chivell

• Reeta
    Reeta Reckon Staff Posts: 116 Reckon Staff

Hi Paladin,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties creating a backup in Reckon Accounts 2024. I would like you to try a few troubleshooting steps:

1. If you have another company file, please attempt the same backup process with that file and let me know the outcome. Does the same issue occur with the other file?
    2. Additionally, please try creating the backup on your local computer instead of an external drive and see if this resolves the issue.

Thank you, and I look forward to your update.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• Paladin
    Paladin Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Good day Reeta,

Thank you for trying to help.

I did as you suggested re local computer but the same result - although the Error Code changed to

00263 27763.

So I carry on.

Trevor Chivell

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,172 Reckon Staff

Hi @Paladin

Can you confirm whether you are able to successfully view the Memorised Transaction List.

• Click on the Lists menu
    • Then select Memorised Transaction List

When a file opens, that is one of the first things that get loaded/viewed and if there are errors there, it may explain why you are experiencing a crash after a backup.