Converting from Quicken Cashbook 2003 to Reckon Accounts Home & Business Trial Version

Paul Bayliss
Paul Bayliss Member Posts: 1
Customer Invoices have been classified under assets however when going to the invoice list and creating a new invoice it does not show up in Customer Invoice account nor are the paid invoiced added to the P&L

Comments

• Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Paul,

In the current Home and Business 2015, new and paid invoices do not get posted. Let's say you mark an open invoice as paid, you will need to record it manually into your account so you can see it on your reports.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Paul,

I hope that after talking to our Support Technician the situation surrounding your  question has been explained.  

regards,
    John
  • Lyn_7824951
    Lyn_7824951 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    I also recently upgraded to Home and Business 2015 from Cashbook 2003 and earlier versions before that, and am very disappointed.
    The older version have been nice simple cash accounting packages and far easier to handle and track invoices and receive payments than this. I hate the new version and wish I had never upgraded.
  • Paul_7472597
    Paul_7472597 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2015
    Lyn, Same here. I have abandoned H&B and gone back to Cashbook 2003.
    Major error by Reckon.
  • Paul_7472597
    Paul_7472597 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2015
    Queries where answered.  I have abandoned H&B and gone back to Cashbook 2003.
    Major error by Reckon.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback.  

A few users were disappointed with the change to Cash-basis only in the introduction of Home & Business in 2005.  It was a business decision to better align the two products to the main themes of their customer base - simple accounting structures for personal finance and formal accounting practices in the business range of products (then QuickBooks, now Reckon Accounts Business).

We understand that for some users the handling of open invoices and their payment in the Cashbook series was a key appeal of the programme.  We are sorry to disappoint customers but we feel that business needs were better met in a dedicated business range rather than trying to offer both in the one programme that was essentially designed for personal needs.  

We believe the business functionality that exists in Home & Business is adequate for the needs of a business small enough to be run from the home.   

Hope this explains our decision a little better. 

regards,
    John