Questions on upgrading quicken home and business 2008

Options
Ivan Ross
Ivan Ross Member Posts: 2
I would like to upgrade our version of Quicken Home & Business 2008. Currently on a Windows 10 PC. Couple of questions: - given its age, is it possible to upgrade to the current version of Reckon H&B? - we don't use the GST functionality at all or create invoices in the system, so we really only need Personal Plus. Is it possible to upgrade to Personal Plus? Finally, is there an upgrade price or we have to pay the full price for the full or annual licence? Thanks Ivan

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Ivan,

It is possible to upgrade to Home and Business 2016, but its an entirely new program you install after removing the existing one, its not an update patch you install over the existing one, so you would be purchasing the full annual license.  To continue using your current data file you will need Home and Business as it has features activated in the file which prevents Personal Plus from opening the file.  If moving to Personal Plus you would need to start a new data file.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,233 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Ivan,

I would simply buy an upgrade to 2016 and keep using your old data file and ignore anything that you dont want to use that way you keep your history transactions as well.

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Ivan Ross
    Ivan Ross Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You have, thank you