How do I generate BAS Report from RA Home and Business 2016?

Goldie
Goldie Member Posts: 2
I am new to using RA Home and Business having just moved over from MYOB and Quicken - as I wanted to bring my company, personal and rental property into one software package.

I bought the RA package in July 2016.
  • How do I create a BAS report? This is my first BAS report.
  • When I go into the Tax Centre, the tax year is showing as 2015/2016 and I can't work out how to update this so that it shows 2016/2017 either.
Help please.

Leah

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019

Hi Leah

Try REPORTS > BUSINESS > BAS REPORT

Regards, Robyn Kelly (Reckon Accredited Partner)

• Goldie
    Goldie Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Robyn. That's a start. Now at least I can see a report.

When I print that report it only brings up ... a BAS report for the last quarter, which is set to the previous financial year. How do I change the financial year over to 2016 - 2017? I don't have any data in for the 2015 - 2016 year.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019

Leah, because today is 27th September, the BAS report is generated automatically as last financial quarter - which as of today is still April - June 2016 quarter.  Once 1st October arrives it will generate as July - September 2016.  You can, however, customise that report (top left once generated) and change the dates to suit what you need.

You don't need to change financial years in the H&B program, it is date driven; although you can change the starting month of a financial year in EDIT > PREFERENCES.

Hope that makes sense?  Robyn