Accounts Payable Solution for items

Selena Nicholson
Selena Nicholson Member Posts: 15
edited February 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Hi all,

Does anyone know of an Accounts Payable solution that uses OCR to read and process bills and will import into Reckon Accounts Hosted as items rather than expenses? My client is spending way too much time processing pages long invoices with hundreds of inventory items and I am trying to find a way to help cut down on their processing time.

TIA Selena

Comments

• Michael Macleod
    Michael Macleod Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2017
    The client could  possibly ask his supplier if he can supply him with a text file of his invoices that he can use to feed into reckon
  • Selena Nicholson
    edited February 2017
    Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your response. How would the text file be imported into Reckon? I have tried to import IIF files, but they only go to the 'Expenses' side not the 'Items' side. The only other option I can see for importing is CSV for Items, Accounts etc.

Cheers Selena
  • Michael Macleod
    edited November 2016
    Selena,

It is the ideal and easiest solution as any competent programmer should be able to generate a text/csv file that holds all the necessary data from an invoice file. of the supplier. Unfortunately in the real world what seems to be a practical solution to the problem of duplicating  the input of data is not offered as a solution by the software companies and some seem to make it difficult. I was being disingenuous in throwing up the idea as the only practical solution which it is but not really knowing whether Reckon can do it as I have not tried their importing data tools
    Michael Macleod
  • Selena Nicholson
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Michael, it doesn't look like I am going to have a win!
  • Michael Macleod
    edited November 2016
    Selena,

What I would do though as a first step is to organise with your supplier a text file of your invoices so that if reckon does get its act into order you will be prepared and you will have ironed out any issues. Such a file though printed may make it easier to input as you will not be flipping over invoices and the like.

I only work on Reckon one day a week but I will have a look at what they are currently doing in terms of importing.

Michael Macleod