What is the "Type" column useful for in manual bank uploads

Options
Adrian_8798473
Adrian_8798473 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
I have been trialling ReckonOne and keen to use the manual bank upload to import historic transaction for the financial year. It doesn't seem to allow me to upload "Account" or "Contact" –  am I missing something? I can understand using "Reference" and "Description" but what is "Type" useful for?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi drian,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

It sounds like you are importing a CSV file.  You have to map the columns in the CSV file to the columns that Reckon One understands.

Not all CSV files will be the same.

Here's one CSV file.....

and here is the mapping screen...

Type refers to the transaction being a Payment or a Receipt.  

Not all fields have to be mapped, but you do need the minimum of Date, Type and Amount (Debit/Credit).

regards,
    John
  • Adrian_8798473
    Adrian_8798473 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    Options

Thanks John,

Is there any way to bring in the Contact and Account also?

Regards,

Adrian

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Adrian,

You can only work with what your source provides you with and fit it to the options available in Reckon One.  

Here's another example of the process:

regards,
    John

• Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Adrian

You could use the Reckon One transaction rules to add contact and account details to a transaction, when there is some type of unique identifier. 

For example, if a transaction has a description 'Train fare - Cambridge' I would know that this is always a travel expense, plus it may always be to visit a specific client and/or to work on a specific project.

I can create a rule to automatically process each transaction as required. I just need to click 'Reconcile' to complete the process. 

Here is an example rule for reference:
    As John G has already said, this approach is reliant on having suitable source data.

I hope this helps.

Jon