REPORT TO SHOW ITEMS IN BILL OF MATERIALS

Broni K Beerling
Broni K Beerling Member Posts: 32
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am trying to find a report that will show for example all items that contain a silver cross in the bill of materials ? Anyone have any ideas ?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi,

I dont think there is a report to show that, but the best way I can think is to export the item list to an IIF file, and have a look at the assembly items for those that use that item.  You export it by going File, Utilities, Export, Lists to IIF Files, name it and save it somewhere.  Open the IIF file in Excel and scroll to where the assembly items are and look for those with that item.  It will look something like this:

In my example I have 2 assembly items called assembly1 and assembly2, and under these you can see the items linked to them. 

This is the only way I can see to work out what assembly items have a certain item other than manually searching each one.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Shane.

• Ernie Gruijthuijsen
    Ernie Gruijthuijsen Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    Would be a great improvement in future releases of Reckon to have what is in logistics known as a "where used" lookup for components of BOMs. We have the same issue, a component is used in multiple BOMs and sometimes your assemblies can be built individually but not all due to stock availability of the component. To find out what to prioritise without this "where used" function is a headache.