Create Report Headings

Alan Dowling
Alan Dowling Member Posts: 17
edited June 2019 in Accounts Hosted
How do you create Report Headings in a P&L report? eg finance, admin etc. If i add them as an account they show up in my report again as Admin other

Comments

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Have you thought of using class tracking?

• Alan Dowling
    edited June 2017
    How is this going to help with headings in my P&L?

• Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2017
    Alan  The reason why you are getting Admin - Other in your P&L reports is that you have transactions coded to the header and not a subaccount of the header. Put the P&L on your screen and double click Admin - Other. Recode these entries and the report should read the header with no amounts showing there and the subaccounts showing the individual amounts and then Total Admin being the total of all the subaccounts in Admin.
  • Alan Dowling
    edited June 2017
    Thanks, I have been using Reckon for about 10 years so I know there is no postings in my header account. I have about ten header accounts and  I get Header other with every one of the headers. I could understand it if it happened with one in error, but not every account.
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2017

Hi Alan  Not sure if you have followed what I was trying to explain. Is it possible to email me how your report shows and I believe what I am trying to explain to you is correct. I only need to see how the report is showing, will shred any information sent. Email single@ozemail.com.au

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Modify the report, select advance options and select Non-zero for Display Rows/Columns.
  • Alan Dowling
    edited June 2017
    HI,
    I need to select all accounts as i export my accounts to an excel template i use every month. If i select rows/columns my spreadsheet accounts will not line up correctly.