Reckon 2017 Error - 6177

Infrastructure
Infrastructure Member Posts: 6
Hi,

We have Reckon 2017 setup with the company files sitting on a Server D:\Reckon Company Files and 5 PC's running the client application connecting to the hosted company files using a mapped driver \{Servername}\Reckon Company Files\{Companyfilename}

For the past 3 days the application has been running without issue.

This morning, one particular user logs in and gets this messageimage

Every other machine is getting this message when attempting to connect to the same company file

We have noticed that if User #1 chooses to host the company files by clicking the 'Alternate Setup', everything works OK and the other users are able to connect to the company file as well.

I have set Permissions for EVERYONE with full access to the company file share, to eliminate any possible permissions issues and also attempted to connect from the client machines using only a UNC path with exactly the same issue.

Comments

• Orkun Evren
    Orkun Evren Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2019
    I have a dedicated server and 8 workstations with pretty much the same setup as yours and I have been having the same problem for the last 4 weeks. Although I have not touched base with Reckon on this I found that by logging in on the server as a spare user and leaving that always logged in on the server, the other workstations go straight in. If we don't leave a user logged in the server we get the same message about multi-user hosting setup.
  • Infrastructure
    edited February 2019
    I did think of using that concept but thought it may use one of our licenses. At the moment we have 5 licenses and all are being used for client/workstations.
  • Orkun Evren
    Orkun Evren Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2018
    unfortunately it will use one of your licences. We have 1 not being used so that is the only reason we could do it. It's not a fix but just a way of working around till a fix is found.
  • Infrastructure
    edited August 2019
    Yes Kevin, this was all setup and working correctly. 

I have Setup the user with another PC as the only difference between them and all other workstations was Windows 7 vs Windows 10.

Installed Reckon Client on new machine with Windows 10, the issue disappeared.