Allow this application to login automatically not working

Ben_9589620
Ben_9589620 Member Posts: 6
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, we are having trouble with allowing integrated applications to login to Reckon Accounts automatically.

We are using Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2017. It is installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system.

I can connect the integration application to the Reckon Accounts company file when the Reckon Accounts application UI is open, but when the Reckon Accounts application UI is closed the connection fails with the below error:
"This application is not allowed to log into this Reckon Accounts company data file automatically. The Reckon Accounts administrator can grant permission for automatic login through the Integrated Application preferences."

I have tried re-adding the Integrated Application under Company Preferences, ensuring that the 'Allow this application to login automatically' option is selected. See attached screenshotimage.

I have tried connecting using three different third party applications and none of them work. I can connect when the UI is open but not when it is closed. This makes me think it is a Reckon Accounts issue but when i called the support number they said there should be nothing stopping the connection and couldn't help me further.

Has anyone else got this working?

thanks,
Ben

Comments

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Hi Ben,

This is likely a Windows issue we have encountered previously. I will source the possible fix and post here. 

Jason
  • Ben_9589620
    edited March 2018
    Thank you that would be really helpful!
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    Please review this fix

We do not warrant it's use, however it has fixed similar errors as advised by developer partners. 

Also ensure the QBW file has no security restrictions, and is being used successfully in multi-user mode by other users. 

Jason. 
  • Ben_9589620
    edited March 2018
    Thanks, I ran the diagnostic tool but unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem.

I have confirmed that the user account trying to connect has permission to access the company file and that the company file can be opened in Multi-User mode.

Do you have any other suggestions?

• Jason Hollis
    edited March 2018
    Let me have a talk with the team in the morning and I'll get back to you.

Is the QBW file on the same drive as the exe, or on a network drive? What's the environment look like?
  • Ben_9589620
    edited March 2018
    Thanks that would be great. The QBW file is on the same drive as the exe. I connect to the QBW file using a C:\ drive path in both Reckon Accounts and the third party apps. FYI the third party apps are the latest versions of QODBC Driver for QuickBooks, CDATA Data Sync for Reckon and Remote Connector for QuickBooks.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited March 2018
    Hi Ben, I have QODBC and CData both working, so its not the app or Reckon, but something local. That makes it harder to find unfortunately. 

Did these simply STOP WORKING, or they were never working in this environment? 
  • Ben_9589620
    edited March 2018
    No they have never worked in this environment. Do you think it could be the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited March 2018
    Hi Ben, can you try running CData at ADMIN level priveledge. What is the result?

• Ben_9589620
    edited March 2018
    Thanks again for helping me out with this. I tried that with the same result.

As a test I tried changing the CDATA service to 'Run as a Windows service', created a new Connection in CDATA, authorised it in Integrated Applications preference and then it connected when Reckon was closed - great!

But... when I closed and re-opened the CDATA web interface, the test connection failed again.

I reopened Reckon, tested the CDATA Connection and it worked, closed Reckon and it is still working. It seems that when I close the CDATA web interface it stops working

Is there a Reckon Accounts logfile that may hold some clue to the problem?

• Jason Hollis
    edited March 2018
    Sure is. Search for QBSDKLOG.txt

Also turn on verbose logging first. 
    • Find qbsdk.ini 
    • Add/Edit the following lines:

[Log]
      Level=verbose
      UnlimitedSize=Y
      [Parser]
      DumpRequestData=Y
  • mikelegg
    mikelegg Member Posts: 16

All of a sudden, we have this problem after "upgrading" to Reckon 2023.

Hard to blame the Windows OS when it was working fine until Reckon changed.