How do I import transactions from bank statements after converting to CSV

Pam StaskiewiczPam Staskiewicz Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Accounts Personal Range
I need to import transactions from bank statements & have converted them to CSV from PDF but need QIF to import. Can someone help please. I am using Reckon Home & Business 2018

Comments

• John GJohn G Reckon Staff Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Pam.

You'd best go to your bank website and create a list of transactions and export them to a QIF formatted file.

regards,
    John
  • Pam StaskiewiczPam Staskiewicz Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    Thanks John, but this bank only supplies them as PDF. I don't know how to convert them to QIF
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Cant be done. Dont bother. You need to download the transactions from your banking software as a qif file. Its very very easy. You need to go back to your bank. 98% can export as a qif file. Id be stunned if they cannot
  • Pam StaskiewiczPam Staskiewicz Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Kevin, I have spoken to them twice now & they can't help but I will try again.
    The problem is that they are transactions that are more than 12 months old & are not available for direct download unless within the 12 months.

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Pam I did this yesterday with ANZ. It allows you to go back 3 years. Other banks are similar. Or the bank should be able to provide it. I have seen a pdf to text converter somewhere. I might see if I can find it