Local network issues with QuickBook

Options
Samer Gallab
Samer Gallab Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hello sirs,
After a fresh Win 10 Pro x64 v1903 installation, I have installed QuickBook multi-user on 5 PCs with static IP addresses (one of them acts a server in a local network). At first it worked like charm. Then, I had a temporary network issue in the server &  had to change the server static IP to solve it. I disabled windows defender & firewall permanently & installed ESET Internet security (latest version). My big problem now is QuickBook refuses to start & gives me a "firewall" error message on the sever though I gave it a permission through ESET firewall, real-time file system protection & Host Intrusion Prevention System. Even further, I have disabled ESET totally & then uninstalled it completely with no success. When I move QuickBook backup file (160MB) to another destination either in the sever or on the local network & start it as "restore an existing a backup" option, QuickBook starts successfully. Unfortunately, when I start Win 10 on the next day normally, QuickBook gives the same "firewall" error message!!
Again, when I move QuickBook backup file to another destination, it starts successfully until the next reboot. I could not figure out what is happening. It is really a weird issue & causes our company a lot of problems. Please help.

Samer Gallab
IT Manager

Comments

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Delete your ND file in the File Location. Changing the IP address on the server after you have had it working would be your 1st issue.

Make sure only one PC is Hosting Multi-User Access (File>Utilities>Stop Hosting Multi-User Access on all clients, then enable Host Multi-Access on the server)

Add all exceptions to the Firewall, and I’d suggest you add virus scanner exclusions to all Reckon Program & File Directories.

Make sure your Folder permissions are correct.

Feel free to use the below script: (KB ARTICLE in the below link has all your exceptions you need)

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/t...