foreign income tax offset

Denis Giles
Denis Giles Member Posts: 5
Foreign income tax offset. Is there a way of capturing foreign (USA) tax withheld for the purpose of claiming a tax offset when preparing tax returns?


  • David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Denis

    What I do is create a new category - Tax paid - USA Withholding. 
    I then record the income gross, with a separate transaction for the payment of the USA withholding tax.
    That provides all the information needed when I prepare the year end accounts.
    Hope that helps

    David Mandel