Jobkeeper Extension - how do I handle this in Accounts Hosted if we do not yet know if we qualify?

Kyle
Kyle Member Posts: 29

We have already had Jobkeeper FN13 (payrun ending 16/09/20 - paid on 17/09/20). Our next payrun ends on 30/09/20 (paid on 01/10/20). As we don't yet know if we qualify for the Extension, how do I handle this in Reckon?

On the next payrun, do I just pay the employees what they have actually worked with no top-up and not enter any 'FINISH FN14'.. and then once we know if we qualify either back pay them or enter FINISH FN14 if we don't qualify down the track.

or... do I have to put ...FINISH-FN14 on our next payrun? ...and then if we qualify, enter START FN14 for eligible employees or do the fortnights just continue on for those employees already on Jobkeeper ?

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of time prior to the next payrun (FN14).

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Just pay staff without any Jobkeeper codes, wait until you have done your BAS to see if you qualify and then adjust the next pay if eligible. You may have to pay 2 fortnights at end of October. The webinar is quite detailed. Don’t use FN14 until you know what’s happening, no need to Finish if not eligible