Investing

Recently I have had to move my Personal Plus 2020 program to another Drive on my computer. The Reckon Data Files were also moved, so when I opened the program I needed to go through the mission of identifying where the appropriate data files were (NOW) located. The program also requested that I change the various File Names to "no more than 8 digits", which I obliging did! Thought all was good until I discovered that the various GAIN/LOSS were now reflecting ridiculous values. (e.g.) The Gain/Loss for 1-Month (for all Holdings) is evidencing the exactly the same amount as shown in the MARKET VALUE column.

Can anyone tell me what has happened & how do I rectify the issue

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,223 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Why did you move PP, did you rename all the linked files, how did you rename them, so may want to go to a backup and start again.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Ray Thompson
    Ray Thompson Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

Gerry, I had a new (additional) Drive installed on my computer. I have 5 data files. I only renamed 1 file (complying with the 8 digit direction). I renamed the file just by locating the relevant data file & Right Clicking to Rename if - it then opened successfully

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,223 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

If you wish let me in to have a look later this afternoon.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Ray Thompson

Gerry, How would you look at it

• GerryWinter

I would log into your machine and go through it with you if you wish to proceed please call me on my mobile to confirm.

I have done this with most of my clients.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Ray Thompson

Gerry we are going out now. will have to get back to you later

• GerryWinter

ok I will wait for your call.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Ray Thompson

Gerry, it appears that I have rectified the issue - by way of opening a previous backup file (after renaming it to the 8 digit filename)

Thanks for responses

• Ray Thompson

I recently renamed data files (in line with the 8-Digit recommendations) which resulted in inaccurate values showing in the Gain/Loss 'monthly' columns. I then opened a 'previous' data file which I thought had resolved the issue - however the same issue has returned. I have also just noticed that all Historical Data has also been lost (I can now only see pricing data as from the date that I changed the File Name).

I am definitely not an IT Guru, so would appreciate some (SLOW) step-by-step help in resolving these issues.  

• GerryWinter

Care needs to be taken when renaming and depending how you have done it it may not have all the modules done that belongs to main QDF file.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Ray Thompson

Gerry, how do I confirm that the renaming has captured all the required modules

• GerryWinter

send me your contact details and i will call you later in the day and i will jump in and have a look.

PM on the number below

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Ray Thompson

Gerry, my mobile is 0407123240. Phone/Text me when you are ready - I will call you back via our Landline (less expensive)

What do I need to have ready for your 'look' - please bear in mind that I am not an IT Guru & will most likely struggle when you request file locations etc

• Ray Thompson

Gerry, thank you for your dial in assistance. You demonstrated a great in depth knowledge of File management and excellent understanding of the Investing aspect of the program. I will have no hesitation in recommending you to my friends and associates...