Error: This pay run can't be finished because it contains at least one inactive employee

out
out Member Posts: 2

Can't finish current payrun. I get the message;

Error: This pay run can't be finished because it contains at least one inactive employee

Both employees listed in this particular payrun are active. One is a new employee, the other is an existing one. Both have employment starting dates and no termination dates. I have found this question in this discussion group several times, but no answers yet. Very frustrating. Went to Reckon one to be STP compliant. Not working.

Comments

• Bin Liang
    Bin Liang Reckon Staff Posts: 7 Reckon Staff

Thank you for posting your question in Reckon Community.

To narrow down the issue, could you please create a dummy pay run and process one employee's pay only at a time? This can help us to identify paying which employee in the pay run causing the issue. Does the issue only happen to one of the employees' pay or happen to both of the employees' pays in the pay run?

If you find that the issue doesn't happen when paying one of the employees in the dummy pay run but it happens when paying the other employee in the dummy pay run, it means the issue is only related to the one of the employees' pay. After that, please double check does this employee have successfully pay runs created before in Reckon One or is this the first time to process this employee's pay in Reckon One? If this is the first time to process this employee's pay in Reckon One, please double check the employee's setup or you might consider to delete this employee's record in Reckon One and then create this employee's record again. After that, process a dummy pay run again by using the re-created employee's record. You might prefer to take a screenshot of the employee's record before deleting the employee's record in Reckon One.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Bin Liang

Senior Technical Support Representative

Professional Services Group

• out
    out Member Posts: 2

Thanks Bin

This issue was solved. I did as you suggested, separating the employees to find out which one was making a fuss. It still took a while to trace it though. The information for the existing employee, to my surprise, not the newly hired one, turned out to not be 'acceptable' for some reason, regretfully undisclosed by Reckon. Checking all details of that employee, it transpired, after a several hour long hunt, that his superannuation plan had changed it's name and ABN. Once I located the new details for his super plan it went through on the payroll.

Thanks for your time and attention. I am not sure if a change like that is something that can indicated by Reckon One to it's user. It should though, it reckon recognizes the fault in his data then it should also be able to pinpoint towards where the fault is.

Kind Regards

Peter

• Bin Liang
    Bin Liang Reckon Staff Posts: 7 Reckon Staff

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm glad to know that the issue was resolved.

Also, much appreciated for your feedback about Reckon One. If you would like to, highly recommended to post your feedback and ideas about Reckon One to the Reckon Product Ideas website from here https://ideas.reckon.com/

Your votes will directly influence the product roadmap and help guide our products future direction. Thank you.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards,

Bin Liang

Senior Technical Support Representative

Professional Services Group